What is white magic 1
- Release date: 02/27/2012
- 384 pages
- Hanser publishing house
- Hard cover
- ISBN 978-3-446-23911-1
- Germany: € 24.90
- Austria: 25.60 €
You can print and write on it, you can tear, crease and fold it: paper is a magical substance that has contributed to the development of the modern world like no other. As a change and paper money, it was indispensable for the economy. As stationery it became the scene of the modern soul, as newspaper it became the scene of politics. Lothar Müller tells how paper, which originated in China, came from Egypt to Europe and became the raw material of modern civilization. His chief witness is the literature of Rabelais and Grimmelshausen, from James Joyce to Paul Valéry. We believe we know the "Gutenberg Age". But we understand better when we discover its background world: the epoch of paper.
Lothar Müller, born in 1954, studied German and history. He was a lecturer in general and comparative literature at the Free University of Berlin and from 1997-2001 an editor in the literary journal of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. ...
More about Lothar Müller
"One would like to praise a lot about this book ... But above all: that a presentation interested in media and materials also makes you want to delve into the authors consulted. You are no longer used to something like that." Helmut Mayer, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, March 10, 2012
"An extremely material-rich, but light-footed and - how should one put it - cunning book." Valentin Groebner, Neue Zürcher Zeitung, March 21, 2012
"You have to admire the clever economy with which Lothar Müller navigates us digital-analog hybrids through the fortunately unfinished era of paper." Ina Hartwig, Deutschlandfunk, June 5th, 2012
The author readsDownload
Suggestions for your search
- Validation of the computer system and conformity with part 11
- Are the Smiths overrated
- How has China changed in recent years
- Why are modern philosophers not famous?
- What is an electric fish tape
- What is Firefox Ghostery
- What are some common misconceptions about espresso
- Is EJB Framework or API
- Which country does the Emmental cheese come from?
- Is it dangerous to play rugby hooker?
- Which province has the most industrial cities
- What's new for event decoration
- How is education in Nova Scotia
- What drives the internet
- Microgreens cause kidney stones
- How will the world unite against terrorism
- How do I look smart and good
- What makes and breaks a superhero movie
- How does Trump compare to Richard Nixon
- Which military bomber has 8 engines?
- What is environmental geoscience
- Where are the best clubs in Barcelona
- Which BITS campus is suitable for internships?
- What distinguishes great dance shoes
- Are bike routes reliable on Google Maps
- How does aortic stenosis cause heart failure
- What are examples of air accidents
- Viruses started out as DNA in histone
- How can I download videos from Free
- What is the structural formula of ricin
- What is the use of Telerik controls
- Is it safe to study in Ukraine?
- What's the best wireless security
- Is 92 good in ICSE 2017