Is Swift faster than Typescript
The most popular programming languages - trends in 2020
It doesn't matter if you're an experienced programmer or a complete beginner - there are many reasons to think about learning one of the many programming languages available. Some of the most popular programming languages take a large share of the market for different purposes, which is why they are essential if you are looking for a specific job.
For example, over 80% of today's websites use PHP for at least part of their backend development. A large majority of data scientists use Python for data analysis and machine learning, while Kotlin is in great demand because of its progressive web apps (PWAs).
Most of the 10 most important programming languages, as we shall take a closer look at here, have unique properties or applications that explain their position among the most popular programming languages. For example, Swift offers you an easy way to develop iOS apps, while Go, being an extremely versatile language, is very simple and is used in various applications.
There are really some good reasons why you should learn one of the most popular programming languages in 2020. The demand for developers who are familiar with the various programming languages and have experience with them is very high. The jobs are usually well paid and on top of that there are endless resources for learning.
What Makes a Programming Language Popular?
If only the answer was that simple!
Unfortunately, there is not always a simple answer to this question. Sometimes programming languages seem to come out of nowhere, adopted by the masses, while others - which at first glance seem excellent - never really resonate with programmers.
I will now explain some of the features that the most popular programming languages of our time have in common:
Many of the top programming languages are extremely versatile. They can be used for a wide variety of applications, which means that well-versed developers will always be in demand. Think TypeScript, Java, Go and Python - these are all languages that are not limited to just one application.
Sometimes a language is popular for exactly the opposite reason. Instead of being versatile, it is in demand because of its unique scope. For example, Solidity is in great demand due to its use in smart contract development, while SQL is important for anyone looking to analyze consumer or sales data. So top programming languages also have a certain uniqueness.
3. Ease of use
Some of the most popular programming languages in 2020 are so popular because they are both easy to learn and easy to use. For example, Apple's development of Swift made iOS programming a lot easier. Although Swift was only released in 2014, it was introduced quickly, replacing Objective-C in iOS development. In the same way, Rust makes coding systems very easy, which has led to a rapid surge in popularity in recent years. As you can see, ease of use plays a huge role in the top programming languages.
4. Large platform support
A programming language can be as versatile and easy to understand, but if it is not adopted and supported by a large platform such as iOS, Google or Android, the probability of success is much lower.
One thing the top 10 most popular programming languages have in common, described below, is that many of them are endorsed or developed by one of the major technology companies. For example, Go was developed by Google, Swift by Apple, and Rust is supported by Mozilla.
Now let's take a closer look at the top 10 programming languages and their specific characteristics.
What are the top 10 programming languages in 2020?
We scoured the internet to find out what the most popular programming languages - and therefore the best - are of the current age. Some people may not agree with this list, but we've tried our best to accurately reflect the modern programming world.
Also note that the following programming languages are listed in a random order.
Although Swift wasn't released until 2014, it has quickly become one of the most sought-after programming languages of the day. The language was designed by Apple to replace Objective-C and simplify iOS programming. It was quickly adopted by most Apple programmers and has been on a steady rise in popularity ever since.
Swift is one of the fastest growing programming languages. It is now used to develop iOS, Mac, Apple Watch and even web applications. The goal of Swift is to make programming faster and on top of that to get the software faster, more stable and more secure.
Swift is based on three basic principles:
- Security - Security is a key issue at Swift. While this can sometimes be a limitation, it does reduce the risk of potentially fatal developer errors.
- Speed - To replace Objective-C and other C-based languages, Swift needs to be comparable in terms of performance. So it was designed to be fast, predictable, and consistent.
- Clarity - Unlike older languages that may not be intuitive and difficult to follow, Swift has clear and predictable syntax that is even fun and easy to use.
As you can see, Swift is a modern language with a lot of potential for the future.
Go was developed by Google in 2009 as an alternative to C and C ++ and is probably the best programming language that can be learned in 2020. Also known as GoLang, it deserves its place on our list of the top 10 programming languages with its extreme versatility.
Go was also designed to make programming easy, safer and faster. Since its release, Go has taken the programming world by storm. It is relatively easy to learn for beginners - a rarity among statically typed languages - and offers very understandable code syntax.
As a modern programming language, Go has some advantages that make it appear a lot better compared to older languages like Java and Python.
- Speed - Go is comparable to the C languages in terms of speed. This makes it very useful for e.g. website development.
- Ease of Use - Compared to the C languages, Go is very easy to use. The code is logical, and it's easy to imagine what a block of code is going to do before executing it.
If you add the security of Go, you already have a programming language that has become indispensable in the modern programming world.
If you want to get to grips with Go, either as your first programming language or as an extension of your developer skills, there are numerous online courses available. Find a reliable course provider that has a good reputation and offers good learning support.
Aaah, python. One of the most popular programming languages of all time. Due to its versatility and diverse areas of application, it definitely belongs in our top programming languages in 2020. Recent surveys have classified it as the most wanted and third most popular programming language, which confirms its place on our list.
Python is very popular in the natural sciences, especially in data analysis. It is relatively easy to write a new scientific program using Python. This actually makes it a must have for scientists and laboratory assistants.
However, it is also used to develop web applications and APIs, and is compatible with many other languages. Python is by far the best programming language you can learn, especially if you don't yet know in which programming area you want to work. It will be easy for you to learn Python, especially if you already know one of the other languages. Nonetheless, it is also a great programming language for beginners and is the language most taught in schools.
Kotlin was recently ranked second most popular programming language, just behind cult favorite Rust. It is officially supported by Android Studio and Google, so it is one of the best programming languages to learn.
Originally, Kotlin was developed as an alternative to Java. It addresses various issues related to Java and is the preferred language for many Android teams.
Some of the characteristics of Kotlin are:
- Conciseness - With Kotlin, you need to write less code to get the same result. It therefore offers you less room for errors and your programs become more compact.
- Security - Kotlin eliminates entire classes of errors because there are no null pointer exceptions, for example.
- Ease of use - Kotlin's ease of use makes it easy to use and enables the use of existing JVM, Android and browser libraries, as well as Java IDE tools.
As you can see, Kotlin is poised to take over a significant portion of the Java market. If you are or want to become an Android developer, Kotlin is an absolute must. Kotlin programmers are currently in great demand on the job market.
Rust is a so-called system programming language with a fairly narrow field of application. While it is not essential for most programmers to learn Rust, it is very useful for anyone planning some form of system coding in the future.
Rust is sponsored by Mozilla and it still appears to have great potential for growth. One recently from Stack The survey carried out has placed Rust at number 1 of the most popular programming languages for the third time in a row. The language also made it into the top 10 most searched languages, confirming its position on our list here.
While Rust hasn't been very widely used as of now, it has many features that make it popular.
- Speed - Rust is super fast and is great for web development.
- Security - Rust is safe. With its similarity to C and C ++, it is much more secure compared to other languages.
- Sophisticated - Compared to modern languages like Go, Rust has the edge when it comes to simply writing complex code.
Because of its complexity, Rust may not be the best language for novice programming users with no experience. However, if you want to expand your knowledge with a language that is great for system programming, Rust is a great choice!
May I introduce: PHP - the language of the internet. PHP made it onto the Top Programming Languages list for one but important reason - it's everywhere! Over 80% of websites use PHP code as at least part of their backend or frontend design. This means that many PHP developers will still be needed in the future.
PHP is unique in that it can be embedded in HTML code. This means that instead of having to output HTML as with Perl or C, you can switch in and out of PHP mode with simple commands.
One of the main advantages of PHP is its simplicity for beginners. But despite being easy to learn, it also offers a wide range of functions for advanced developers. PHP is mainly used in web programming, but you can use it for other things as well.
Elixir is probably the least known language on our list. However, we picked it up because of its enormous potential and we believe it will take the programming world by storm. As a functional, dynamic language, Elixir was designed to create fully scalable, easy-to-maintain applications. The popular chat provider Discord uses elixir and it has been shown to perform well under very heavy user loads.
Some of the most popular features of Elixir are:
- Scalability - How to use it in the Discord Application shows Elixir is extremely easy to scale and can handle a large number of simultaneous users.
- Fault Tolerance - When you create a new program, something is sure to go wrong. People are imperfect, and writing perfect code is next to impossible. However, Elixir is designed to deal with errors in a program, rather than crashing or not running the program.
- Functionality - Elixir is functional programming that allows developers to write code quickly and easily.
If you're new to programming, Elixir is likely not the best place to start because of the lack of resources and tutorials. However, experienced programmers can benefit from adding Elixir to the skill list on their resume, as the demand for Elixir programmers is expected to increase in the years to come.
Learning a new programming language takes a lot of time. It can also be risky as it is not always certain that your new knowledge will earn you a job. You may be learning a language that just doesn't have work requirements, or you may find that the language you learned is not for you. In the best case scenario, you avoid such a situation.
If you want to get a job at the end of your programming course, stick to our list of the top programming languages in 2020. These are the most popular and in-demand languages around the world. Each of these languages is a great way to complement your skills and benefit from them for years to come.
- Why can't Pakistan love India
- How would you describe emo music
- What are mixers for rum
- What is the science behind dry shampoo
- How many gallons is 24 6 pints
- The Hulk dies in the comics
- How can I download Plays TV videos
- What are the best restaurants near me
- Why are all friends different
- What difference between opcode and bytecode
- How is packaged coconut water made
- How many Japanese Brazilians speak Japanese
- Is the body of Sunny Leones overrated
- Are Gunnar glasses worth the money
- Is there artificial super intelligence from ASI
- What are your SEO optimization tips
- Is Donald Trump a Muggle
- Will Tron's crypto currency increase in 2019
- What are the techniques of freehand drawing
- Can she be true to me
- How to Draw a Psychrometric Chart
- Have ID photos distorted
- Can Apple retail stores accept NFC payments
- The iPhone 11 has a reverse charge