What was the first song as hard
Italian singer-songwriter Franco Battiato has died
Rome - Italian songwriter Franco Battiato died on Tuesday at the age of 76 in Milo, Sicily. This was announced by his family members. Accordingly, he had been seriously ill for a long time. Battiato was known for his ability to mix pop with baroque music and opera with rock. In doing so, he commented and ironized culture and society. In addition, he was known for his esoteric interests.
Battiato has released more than 40 albums in his career, as well as painting, composing operas and making films. Time and again he testified that he was just as at home at the popular San Remo Song Festival as he was on the opera stage. The musical border crosser sang in Italian, recited Arabic and played several instruments.
Battiato came to Milan from his native Sicily in 1964 to gain a foothold as a musician. At first he worked with the singer-songwriter Giorgio Gaber, but his first attempts as a soloist were not very successful. In the 70s he went abroad where he worked with Brian Eno. This is how he began to deal with the electronic avant-garde.
Eurovision Song Contest 1984
Battiato's first album was released in 1971 under the title "Fetus". With "La Voce Del Padrone" he achieved his breakthrough as a rock musician in 1982; it was the first album on the Italian market to sell more than a million copies. Other bestsellers followed. Songs like "Bandiera bianca" and "Centro di gravitá permanente" were in the Italian charts for weeks.
Battiato performed together with the singer Alice in 1984 at the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "I Treni Di Tozeur" for Italy. In 1987 his first opera was published, "Genesi", and he also composed film and ballet music. His collaboration with the philosopher Manlio Sgalambro gave the texts depth with often hidden references to works by Emil Cioran, Friedrich Nietzsche and other authors.
Battiato also worked as a filmmaker. In 2003 he released the film "Perdutoamor". In 2005 his second film "Musicians" about Ludwig van Beethoven was released, which was also shown at the Venice International Film Festival in the Horizons section. (APA, May 18, 2021)
- Which rigid foam insulation is the best
- What is the Frontier Airlines reservation number
- What is the treatment for testicular pain
- How do you think about straw bans
- Has Rwanda's utilitarianism failed
- What does PLLC mean in legal terms
- What did Hitler think of Lenin?
- What is everyone misunderstanding about Generation Z?
- What historical event that you cannot believe happened
- What are toffee apple
- Difference between orbit and orbitals 1
- Do breakups affect future relationships?
- Can dogs eat black pepper?
- Why are they called microorganisms
- What are the scientific laws in chemistry
- Where can I find affordable travel insurance
- What is Static Timing Analysis in VLSI
- What causes the occipital lobe to bend
- What's my card number
- Which programming language is in demand nowadays
- What's the best secret folder app
- Is MBBS better or not
- Start ideas for students
- Should I take company accommodation from Akzent?