How did cave people paint
A cave painting is a painting on the wall of a cave. Meant are paintings and drawings from the Stone Age. The oldest cave paintings known today are 40,000 years old.
Some people in the Stone Age liked to live where there were caves. There they found shelter from bad weather. In the past, people even spoke of the "cavemen". But that does not have to mean that all prehistoric humans lived in caves all the time.
Some cave paintings are deep in the earth, or more precisely: in a mountain. They are difficult to get to. You probably didn't live there. It is more likely that hunters met there to get in the mood for the hunt, in other words to give themselves courage.
One suspects this because most of the paintings show animals. These animals lived then and were usually the prey of the Stone Age people. Maybe it had something to do with magic: they summoned the spirits to help them hunt.
They painted with dyes that they found in nature. Red, for example, came from fabrics related to iron. Yellow is the color of a particular clay. The painters used lime and water, sometimes blood, to ensure that the dyes stuck to the wall.
Today, many tourists visit such caves. In several places, however, this had to be banned because visitors scratched off paint or caused other damage. In addition, the cave paintings can become pale from too much light or from the flashes of cameras or cell phones.
The El Castillo Cave in Spain was painted 40,000 years ago.
This painting is much younger in Libya: “only” a few thousand years old.
From the "Swimmer's Cave" in Egypt
31,000 year old pictures of horses, aurochs and woolly rhinos. Chauvet cave.
There are also other search results for “Cave Painting” from Blind Cow and Ask Finn.
- Why am I obsessed with serial killers?
- Snapchat Product How old is Bobby Murphy
- Was Aristotle Greek Macedonian or Thracian
- Advocate euthanasia
- Is someone else using MS DOS
- How do you live
- Atheists respect religious people
- Can my nasolabial folds be treated?
- How can I calculate the goodwill
- What role does the designer play
- Is flutter-free
- Where can fresh graduates get career advice?
- Why is groceries so cheap at Walmart
- Will a cheating day ruin ketosis
- Are religious people biased against scientists
- What is stochastic adjacency matrix
- What are the different marketing platforms
- What are some popular romantic violin pieces
- Should Stack Exchange be concerned about Quora
- What is possibly my voice subject
- What's your favorite brown lipstick
- Which distributions are discrete
- What are the API keys used for?
- How can I write well-rounded characters