What are places to visit near Gokarna
Top 5 sights in Gokarna
Known for its relaxed and unspoiled nature and its pristine, uninhabited beaches. Gokarna is one of the major travel destinations in Karnataka, India. It is an important pilgrimage center and is considered one of the seven most important pilgrimage areas in Hindu scriptures. The name is derived from the Hindi word for cow's ear and is located at the confluence of the two rivers Gangavali and Aghanashini, which is shaped like the ear of the cow. It was a bustling temple city during the Sangam era and part of the Tamil kingdoms. Here is the list of best places to visit in Gokarna.
1. Kudle Beach
The main travel destination in Gokarna, the Kudle Beach is located south of Gokarna Beach. Kudle Beach is one of the most visited beaches in Gokarna and offers many places for tourist accommodation. The beach is lined with several cafes and restaurants.
2. Om Beach
The beach is separated by a rocky island and can be visited all year round. The Om Beach is the sister beach of Kudle BeachWhile one half of the beach has wide sandy beaches with clean water and sand, the other half is lined with restaurants and accommodation.
3. Mahabaleshwara Temple
The Mahabaleshwara temple is one of the most important Shiva temples in India. The Shiva temple contains two lingams, namely the paralingam and the atmalingam. The temple was built by the Kadamba King Mauryasharma and shows a lively Dravidian architectural style.
4. Maha Ganapati Temple
Maha Ganapati temple is located on the east side of the Mahabaleshwara Temple. The temple marks the incident when Lord Ganesha tricked the demon king Ravana and stole the Atmalingam from him. The temple features a black stone idol of Lord Ganesha and it is considered a common ritual for people to visit this temple in front of the Mahabaleshwara Temple.
5. Koti Tirtha
The name refers to the artificial water tank that is located in the immediate vicinity of the Mahabaleshwara Temple. Koti Tirtha Literally means a thousand springs and is considered an immensely sacred place for the Hindus. The environment is completely ancient and offers visitors a completely different experience.
Gokarna used to be a popular place of pilgrimage for visitors to the Mahabaleshwara Temple. Today it has become more of a vacation town due to the commercial boom due to the stunning beaches that the city has to offer. Even so, visitors to Mahabaleshwara Temple and its year-round attractions are still at their best Gokarna is frequented by a large number of tourists.
Also, check out these hot destinations in Karnataka:
- Top places to visit in Hampi
- Top places to visit in Dandeli
- Top places to visit in Bidar
- What is the spying procedure
- Weeps a weakness or strength why
- What's the Most New Zealand Headline Ever
- How is Btech Biotech doing at VIT
- Do you ever bother other people's behavior?
- We teach martial arts discipline
- What jobs can an EMT get
- What is a tongue holder used for?
- Different colors move at different speeds
- Can vitamins cause chest pain
- How do I stay motivated motivated
- Did the speaker need electricity
- What do the Europeans think of Brexit 1
- Are related to Japanese and Turkish
- How tough is the OPSC
- What is the 100 watt bulb gas
- Can depression ever go away?
- What is chicken variety poultry
- How does round meat taste?
- Is LDH a marker in cancer
- What makes One Piece so amazing
- Should I call my tyrant ugly
- How smart is Buzz Aldrin
- Who would win Iron Fist against Wolverine?
- Are preservatives in cosmetics harmful to us?
- HITS is good for aeronautical engineering
- What is the speech of mankind
- What is TreeMap in Java
- What are the forms of water
- Why is Algeria important and famous
- Is Revital Pill Good for Health
- What is assertiveness in everyday life
- Where does milk come from
- A friend is a person