Which BTS member personality is like mine
J-Hope (Jung Hoseok)
Place of birth:
Before joining BTS, he was a member of the Neuron dance company. In addition, J-Hope was relatively well known in the underground scene and won several local awards. As a backup dancer, J-Hope could be seen in the music video I'm Da One with Jo Kwon before her debut with BTS. Also for the band's debut, J-Hope is rapper in Jo Kwon's song Animal. J-Hope was one of the Live Male Dancers for GLAM feat with Suga, Jimin and Jungkook before the band was officially founded in 2013. SeeU on the song Glamorous.
He became a trainee at JYP Entertainment in 2009. Jung Hoseok took part in an audition at Big Hit at JYP Entertainment at the end of 2010 and has been under contract with them ever since.
In 2016, J-Hope is the only one seen dancing in the BTS Wings 'Boy Meets Evil' comeback trailer. You can also experience him solo in 2016 in the video for "MAMA" (BTS album: Wings). In early March 2018, Big Hit Entertainment released his first solo mixtape "Hope World". On July 24th, 2018, J-Hope took part in the #InMyFeelingsChallenge (online dance challenge) using Drake’s number one song "In My Feelings". J-Hope also made a brief appearance in Drake’s music video for "In My Feelings" in 2018.
"Hope World" is J-Hope's first solo mixtape, released on March 2nd, 2018. The album reached # 38 on the Billboard 200 Chart.
In 2020, J-Hope was promoted to a member of the Korea Music Copyright Association.
Signature of J-Hope:
Facts about J-Hope:
- J-Hope is the third oldest at BTS. (Hyung Line)
- Pet: Mickey (dog) - lives with J-Hope's parents
- School: Gwangju Global High School
- Global Cyber University
- He is referred to as the "sunshine" of the group because of his radiant and energetic personality.
- Representative Emoji: 🌞 (sun) or 🐿️ (squirrel) or 🦄 (unicorn)
- When he's tense, he looks up at the sky and then he feels better
- He chose the name "J-Hope" as his stage name because he wants to be a source of light and hope for his fans.
- J-Hope likes to introduce itself with the following words: "I am your Hope. You are my Hope. I am J-Hope."
- J-Hop's face is 27 cm long
- His zodiac sign is Aquarius
- J-Hope always laughs with his mouth wide open.
- J-Hope's own studio is called "Hope World"
- J-Hop's motto is: "If you don't work hard, there won't be good results."
- The 3 requirements for J-Hope happiness are: family, health and love.
- He gets scared pretty easily
- When J-Hope practices dancing with others, he often says "pah".
- J-Hope likes to behave aegyo.
- He won a popularity award in a competition at JYP Entertainment.
- His solo song "Mama" is a song dedicated to his mother. She came to a BTS concert and when J-Hope performed the song she was crying. J-Hop says the song was written to show that he has finally become a son to be proud of.
- J-Hope taught literature in BTS's mini-drama "Flower Boys". J-Hope likes reading and literature, especially because his father was a literature teacher.
- He revealed that he had left Big Hit / BTS in the group's earlier days (before debut). However, he chose to return because he trusted the members, who said the group would not be the same without him. (Burn The Stage Episode 03)
- J-Hope is one of the band members who can cook well.
- His Spotify playlist is called: J-Hope's JAM
- According to the Korea Music Copyright Association (KOMCA), J-Hope played on more than 90 songs (as of 2019)
- J-Hope and B.A.P. Zelo attended the same rap and dance academy in Gwangju.
- He likes melodramatic films. He watched a lot of DVDs of it as a kid as his father likes movies too. Melodramas help him write lyrics.
- J-Hope once mentioned that he enjoys watching MV reaction videos from fans.
- J-Hope is very sociable and can quickly mediate between many different personalities.
- He's afraid of snakes
- J-Hope likes to scream, especially when he's scared.
- J-Hope likes to just go dancing in interviews.
- When J-Hope does something, he likes to make noises.
- J-Hope often wears hats or the like in such a way that his ears bend slightly.
- He wants to dance as long as he can.
- J-Hope was a tennis player in elementary school and took part in competitions.
- He likes it when someone strokes his hair. J-Hope says it helps him fall asleep. When he was young, his mother used to stroke his hair gently to help him fall asleep.
- "Hope On The Street" is J-Hope's own show. It belongs to the genre dance cover. This show can be viewed on YouTube and V Live.
- J-Hope donated around 75,000 euros to the Choontae Academy Foundation, which can now use the money to provide ten financially disadvantaged girls with five-year scholarships at Jeonnam Girls' Commercial High School. In addition, J-Hope donated a total of KRW 250 million (approximately USD 222,000) to the ChildFund Korea and was accepted as the 146th member of the Green Noble Club.
- J-Hope revealed in a fan chat on Big Hit's social media platform "Weverse" that he liked "Old School Hip-Hop", such as: Pete Rock or C.L. Smooth’s "The Creator".
- During the global press conference on Map of the Soul: 7, J-Hope said he would like to try so that no one regrets giving their love to BTS.
- J-Hope donated KRW 100 million to support children in Tanzania, Africa who are currently victims of child abuse and violence, according to the Green Umbrella Children's Foundation. He made this donation to commemorate Children's Day, which is celebrated in Korea on May 5th.
A list of all J-Hope's song and solo albums can be found here (including music video and translation):
A list of MV from J-Hop can be found here:
J-Hope on Spotify:
You can find more pictures here: J-Hope (Jung Hoseok) gallery. :-)
- What are aliphatic compounds used for?
- How could I travel to another country
- Who are the investors behind Swoopo
- How much money does Jenna Marbles earn
- Is the father of astronomy and biology
- Why is camel snus related to cancer?
- Beauty surgery leads to cancer
- Silicone glue sealer skin burn aid
- When should you criticize someone directly?
- How is PCCOE engineering for computers
- How did muffins get their name?
- Fastest alternative to the local file share server
- Yellow light is hot
- Email is on the way out
- What are some good free proficiency tests
- What was the worst reboot
- Should one have to be more religious
- How was Robespierre punished
- How are lakes made
- Is Mark Wahlberg a cool guy
- Who invented the sharpener?
- Is this proof by contradiction correct?
- Which artist sang the song Doubleback
- What is synchronous transmission