Will acquire Facebook Foursquare
Geo Marketing deals with the geographical conditions in marketing. Regional aspects affect the entire marketing mix with assortment, price, distribution and communication policies and thus almost every corporate division.
With the help of geo marketing, marketing decisions are geared towards spatial structures in a wide variety of ways.
City-country comparison 
Existing and potential markets are analyzed so that they can be addressed in a more targeted manner. For example, people in large cities tend to be willing to pay a higher price for a product than people in rural areas (pricing policy).
In large cities, the easy accessibility of a supermarket by public transport is particularly important. This is of secondary importance in rural areas, where the size and proximity of the parking lot is more important (distribution policy).
Data material 
Such subtleties of the markets are worked out on the basis of extensive data material in the context of geo marketing, analyzed and thus used for a targeted approach to target groups. This data material includes, for example, statistical data such as:
- Population numbers
- Number of households
- age structure
- Proportion of foreigners
- Unemployment rate
- Vehicle inventory
- Purchasing power or average household income
- Building structures
- Company on site
- Living environment
- Streams of commuters on the streets
Examples and areas of application 
The possible uses for geo marketing are very extensive. The data can be used to answer the following questions, for example:
- In which regions is the target group most represented?
- Where should new branches or locations be strategically opened?
- Which regions do you focus on the greatest sales?
- Where is there as yet untapped potential that could be activated through increased advertising?
- Which catchment area does a company's customers come from?
- Has the current location been chosen cleverly or would it make sense to relocate it?
- Could the sales force optimize their work and make it more efficient through better area management and more skilfully selected routes?
- In which sales areas should the catchment area be divided?
- Which competitors are there in the area?
- Which communication policy methods are best received in which region?
- Where is it worth offering location-based services (e.g. coupons via smartphone app)?
- In which regions have sales decreased or increased?
- Is the company's offer adapted to the target group in the region or are modifications necessary in order to exploit the full potential?
Geo Marketing with Foursquare 
Foursquare (German: four places) is a social network based on the GPS localization of mobile devices such as smartphones, cell phones and tablets. More than 45 million people and 1.6 million entrepreneurs worldwide use Foursquare; Several million check-ins occur in venues every day. 
How Foursquare works
Foursquare is mainly used via mobile devices. Accordingly, free apps are available for Android and iOS devices, BlackBerrys, Windows Phones and Palms. In addition, the technical platforms of PlayStation Vita, Symbian, webOs and bada are covered. The users log into Foursquare and as soon as they go to a certain location (venue), they “check in” there. They tell other users where they are.
Venues can be all possible locations in the area, e.g. B. sights, shops, restaurants or squares. Users can use Foursquare to get suggestions for the best restaurants in town, plan a weekend getaway or find out how others rate a location. Your own check-ins and information reappear on friendly users.
What sets Foursquare apart from other social networks is the playful aspect. The "players" receive points for each check-in. You can earn various badges, such as the following:
- Superstar: Check-in in 50 different venues
- Crunked: four check-ins in one night
- Bender: four check-ins on four consecutive nights
- Local: three times the same check-in in one week
- Superuser: 30 check-ins in one month
In addition, players can become mayors of a location if they have the most check-ins for the venue within two months.
Foursquare for business
Many companies are listed on Foursquare without having registered themselves. Users who have checked into the venues are responsible for the entries. The business owners can, however, take possession of their venue and thus control the published content.
In particular, they can store a type of business card in which, in addition to their address and telephone number, they also have a company description, opening times, a web address, links to other social media profiles, menus, service offers and additional information available for the user. 
Foursquare advertising 
In addition to the company profiles, entrepreneurs can place advertisements on Foursquare. It is characterized by the fact that it is precisely displayed to users if, for example, they are in the immediate vicinity of the respective shop or restaurant.
The advantage of the so-called Foursquare Ads is that the advertiser is neither paid a flat rate nor according to the number of views, but only after corresponding reactions to the advertisement.
As is known from similar advertising networks, the entrepreneurs can call up various statistics in order to keep an eye on their budget and at the same time to be able to evaluate the response rates to the advertising measures.
Brand Pages 
Brand pages can also be set up at Foursquare. For example, they offer companies that do not have their own branches the opportunity to present themselves in the social network. Depending on the individual objectives of the brand pages, users can often acquire so-called “brand badges” here. For example, museum fans who visit the Museum of Modern Art in New York three times are awarded the “Art Addict” badge.
Geo Marketing with Foursquare 
Companies that are listed on Foursquare can offer their visitors incentives so that they shop as often as possible in their store (e.g. discount coupons, small customer gifts when shopping). In addition, Foursquare offers the possibility of analyzing how many of the visitors are first-time buyers, occasional customers or regular customers. The GPS function of the mobile devices can be used to find out more about the spatial structures of the customers.
For this purpose, Foursquare offers various evaluation options that depict the success of geo marketing.
Geo Marketing with Facebook Places
The Facebook Places service started on August 18, 2010 and has also been available for mobile devices on Android, iOS and Blackberry devices since October 2010.
How Facebook Places works
Facebook Places is not an independent service, but rather part of the social network Facebook. If users post a status message, they can use Facebook Places to automatically attach their location to the post so that all friends can see where the user is at the moment. This function is only available for end devices that have an activated GPS unit.
Until August 2011 there was also the option of “checking in” at locations similar to Foursquare. In addition, users were able to use Facebook Deals from November 2010through which they could take advantage of coupons and other promotions in the respective businesses via their smartphone. However, both functions were turned off in August 2011 and replaced by the geo-status. Facebook Deals has been replaced by Facebook Offers.
Geo Marketing with Facebook Places
Basically, geo marketing with Facebook Places works in the same way as Foursquare. Users create any locations they have visited. Companies can claim this for themselves if they are the owner. You also have the option of linking your company's fan page and your Facebook Places entry.
Via Facebook Insights, the service's page statistics, companies can carry out a variety of evaluations with regard to their fans. If it is a Places entry, people who have already visited the store can also be analyzed. This makes it possible to provide targeted offers for interested parties according to their personal interests.
Importance for online marketing
Geo marketing is particularly important for companies that are based and active locally, for example for regional service providers, craftsmen and stationary retailers. The marketing tool is just as relevant for smaller companies as z. B. for large textile retail chains with several hundred branches.
Given the spread of topics such as big data and the associated better availability of extensive user data, it can be assumed that the importance of geo marketing, especially for online marketing, will increase sharply in the future.
There are many data sources available for this area, which makes targeting audiences easier and easier. In this way, advertising can be placed with minimal wastage, which can reduce costs in the long term.
There are also many other aspects that make geo marketing noticeable on the Internet, including:
- Display of websites in the language of the user depending on his origin
- regionally different SERPs in Google (e.g. when searching for "ophthalmologist", the Berlin ophthalmologist in Berlin is shown, whereas the Munich ophthalmologist in Munich)
- Distribution of coupons through social media services
In 2011, 90 percent of marketing agencies in the US had customers who asked for online advertising campaigns based on geotargeting. 65 percent of the companies already include the geographic context in their mobile marketing strategy. Local marketing is also significantly cheaper than traditional SEM.
- ↑ Geodata in geomarketing ingas geodaten. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
- ↑ About Foursquare Foursquare.com. Retrieved on August 14, 2014
- ↑ Own your business on Foursquare Foursquare Business. Retrieved on August 14, 2014
- ^ Foursquare: Geo-Marketing for Businesses Deutsche Handwerks-Zeitung. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
- ↑ Facebook Ads Provide 'Deals' for Local Merchants, Marketers Adage.com. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
- ^ Facebook just killed Places Gizmodo.com. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
- ↑ Facebook: Places will be replaced by Geo-Status Winfuture.de. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
- ↑ Details on the future replacement of the Facebook Deals Allfacebook.de. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
- ↑ Claim a page for your business on Facebook.com. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
- ↑ Geo-Marketing & Why it matters- Kissmetrics.com. Retrieved on 08/07/2014
Web links 
- What does Fortuna Adiuvat mean
- How is garlic good for your skin
- How do i make a simple logo
- What is Alibaba Cloud DirectMail
- Are Koreans allergic to alcohol
- Has Justin Bieber ever joined music class?
- What human activities increase soil erosion
- How do I find investors before starting
- Is altruism a defense mechanism
- What are your favorite magazines in India
- How do i break my kidney
- Which are some of the best IAS online portals
- Antidepressants suppress emotions
- Why is it important to be neat
- What is the definition of brain plasticity
- What is biblical theology
- Why is surgical training difficult
- Why do people hate Westlife and Boyzone
- Is there really insider trading
- Which bird ends with the letters EON
- Depression may cause constipation
- Why is the telecommunications sector under stress
- What foods have antibiotic properties
- How do I get to Gulmarg from Jammu