What is the best result of coding
You can display at any time as a table and diagram how many segments and how many documents have been coded with selected codes. Since the documents often correspond to the cases, the following function can be used to quickly analyze, among other things, how many cases a particular topic was coded in.
How to do it:
- Activate the documents that you want to include in the evaluation. If you want to include all documents, you do not have to activate anything.
- Start the analysis using the function Analysis> Code Frequencies.
- The following dialog then appears, into which you can drag the codes to be evaluated from the "List of Codes" with the mouse. In order to insert several codes, you can activate them at any time and then via the button Insert activated codes complete. The option Only for activated documents is selected automatically if documents were activated when the function was started. Deactivate the option to evaluate all documents.
After clicking on OK The following frequency table appears, showing the number of documents in which the respective code occurs.
Documents per code
The bottom three lines of the table contain the following information:
DOCUMENTS with code (s) - corresponds to the number of documents in which at least one of the evaluated codes occurs.
DOCUMENTS without code (s) - corresponds to the number of documents in which none of the evaluated codes appear.
ANALYZED DOCUMENTS - corresponds to the sum of the two numbers above and indicates the number of all documents evaluated.
The third line shows that the code “war” occurs in 4 documents, which corresponds to 41.7% of the 12 documents analyzed.
Segments per code
If you click on the blue arrow to the right in the toolbar, MAXQDA switches the display to "Segments with respective code". It is then no longer documents, but segments that are counted as a unit. The results table provides information on how many segments the codes listed in the selected documents were assigned to.
In the second line of the table it can be seen that the code “Resource scarcity, distribution, poverty” was assigned to 4 places in the evaluated data material. This corresponds to 22.2% of the total of 18 codes evaluated.
Display code frequencies as a graph
By clicking on the diagram symbol at the top left, the currently displayed table is shown as a bar, column or pie chart. Information on designing and adapting charts can be found in the section Frequency tables and charts for subcodes.
Print and export code frequencies
The current view can be printed and exported using the usual symbols in the upper right-hand corner of the window.
Copy to the clipboard - copies the current status to the clipboard in order to insert the representation into your report, your presentation or into a graphics program.
To press - shows a print dialog for the current view.
Export - In the table view, you can export this to an Excel file (XLS / X format) or a website (HTML format). In the diagram view, a graphic file is generated in PNG or SVG format. The EMF format is also available under Windows. Both the SVG and the EMF format are well suited for the design of large posters due to their lossless scalability, but the SVG format cannot be imported directly into Microsoft Office products.
- What are some types of manipulation
- How was oil created
- What are the disadvantages of revealing parenting
- Can Trump point out where Kurdistan is
- How does the tickling work
- What is IMS in the IT industry
- What are the alternatives to Amway products
- How should I develop my retail store
- Why did you uninstall Quora last time
- Can marry malfunctioning autistic people
- Can belief and doubt coexist?
- What are columns in Excel
- How does ASEAN affect our lives
- Jews see Muslims as their enemy
- Did your wanderlust lead you to love
- Who invented the sharpener?
- How tolerant is China
- Can I recycle sandwich boxes?
- Is Swift faster than Typescript
- What is the permit tax
- What are some essay writing competitions
- What is the smoke point of gasoline
- What is CATIA's plastic domain
- Food poisoning is contagious before symptoms show