Rust's programming language production is done
Rust: The new star in the programming language sky
The Rust programming language takes over to inherit C and C ++ - still the gold standard in system-oriented and embedded programming. Their promise: Programs written in Rust run as fast and memory-efficiently as C code. At the same time, Rust picks up on many modern programming concepts and supports multithreading inherently, so that the language is also suitable for tasks beyond the traditional C fields of application.
And so Rust is on the advance in many places: in Android and in the Linux kernel, on Facebook and in the Node.js alternative Deno. In the programming language rankings such as Tiobe, PYPL and Redmonk, Rust has not (yet) made it into the top 10, but is steadily climbing upwards.
Finds compilation vulnerabilities
Thanks to a sophisticated ownership concept for variables, the Rust compiler detects security gaps in the code due to memory errors as soon as it is compiled. In this way, developers can remedy the causes of potential program crashes or vulnerable points at an early stage. This makes the computer scientist and Heise CTO Georg Nold rave about the new iX in his article "What Rust has that others don't have": "Above all, the programming language offers the opportunity to build quality into the software from the start instead of as has been the current practice to patch with patches only afterwards ".
A big promise that should arouse the curiosity of programmers: "Learn Rust Now" is therefore the title topic of the new iX 5/2021, which also includes the first part of a Rust tutorial. And instructions for programming web APIs with the Rust framework Rocket show that the language can also show its advantages beyond low-level programming.
(odi)Read comments (264) Go to homepage
All topics of the upcoming iX at a glance. Appears monthly.
You can find detailed information on the dispatch procedure and your cancellation options in our data protection declaration.
- What are the causes of morning wood
- What is your dog's favorite food
- Is Exact Target a marketing automation platform
- Where can I park overnight near MIT
- Where is the world's largest bookstore
- How is data presented in discrete form
- What is the Go4WorldBusiness Deal Maker Service
- What is the English name of sauf
- What does a theoretical astrophysicist do
- How are campus internships in CSE
- Can I give my 10th again
- Why are all friends different
- Where does hope end and where does deception begin
- What are minor spices
- How are technical fouls allowed in basketball
- Why does HCl dissolve in water
- What are ways to cook broccoli leaves
- What are music sites like IMDB
- Himalayan salt changes your pH
- What is the best hot press machine
- How do chinchillas and guinea pigs differ?
- Can architectural design be taught how
- What is the best UX process
- How many miles can a car last