What do you think of cemeteries
They can now also be seen in adult graves, but they are most often found on children's graves: gifts, toys, teddy bears.
I like it very much when it doesn't get out of hand. A small grave with childlike charm, that can be very beautiful. A "Toys' r Us desert" with excessive toy growth can also be repulsive.
I remember a lot of dirty doll heads without eyes, torn and half rotten stuffed animals and whole galleries of burst balloons.
Reader Maria has her own thoughts on the subject and would like to read your opinion on it.
Elsewhere on the internet there is a discussion going on: A mother often walks with her little daughter through a cemetery, which is used as a “park” and a sight. There is a separate area for children's graves.
Now she asked online how the users would think if she placed small gifts, like crocheted teddies, on these graves. Some people like this idea, but I am against it. My daughter died when she was 5 years old. Your grave is our place (place of family and friends) to mourn, to commemorate, to remember, to tell, to visit and also to smile. For me it would be very strange and intrusive if someone who did not know my daughter left a present there. For me it would not be a sign of respect, but an intrusion into something private. What do you and your readers think?
I would be happy if you would publish my contribution on your blog.
My opinion on this: graves are basically something private. Nevertheless, they are in a public space. First and foremost, they serve to mourn relatives. But who are the relatives? Does this only mean family, or does this also include (for adults) friends, colleagues and good acquaintances.
The fact that this extended group of people can also mourn a grave is likely to find general approval. But what about grave gifts? I think that the real family here has a kind of house and privilege. She doesn't have to put up with all "gifts" and flower arrangements. This is all the more true when these gifts are made of durable materials that may last for years.
Nevertheless, third parties are also allowed to put down a flower, set up a candle or express their sadness in some other way. You have to expect that these gifts will be cleared away and disposed of after a certain time.
But I find it inappropriate to put presents on the graves of completely strangers, be it toys or flower arrangements, etc. I would also perceive such behavior as presumptuous and intrusive.
Just because you feel so sorry for the little children, you shouldn't lose respect for a grave site and just want to express your personal feelings there. This is not an expression of mourning for this special person, but ultimately the satisfaction of one's own wishes.
Image by Goran Horvat from Pixabay
Published by Peter Wilhelm
Here the writer Peter Wilhelm tells and informs. The expert is editor-in-chief of MEETINGS. The satirist publishes satires and
Product tests. Peter Wilhelm is also on Facebook.
You can find out more about the author, who was born on All Saints' Day on Halloween, here and here. The author lives with his family near Heidelberg.
All information to the best of our knowledge, no legal, tax or medical advice! Ask a professional!
- Monsters Inc is owned by Disney
- Do you know anything about Lucifer
- Why do they dock corgi tails?
- Will Tesla ever make a hybrid
- How uniform are the European train systems
- How did the sentence come about again?
- Which is the best computer science dictionary
- Is it Safe to Use Zenmate?
- What are the top colleges that offer BMS
- What is a psychological worker
- How does communalism create problems in politics
- How is dung paint made
- What's in the Costco Acai Bowl
- How do I start an aquarium
- How can I learn adjectives easily
- Which decorative items are worth splashing about?
- Did Iran help the Jews during World War II?
- What are the best restaurants near me
- How can organizational goals motivate employees
- What is known as the science city
- What do google tags do
- Is there a WhatsApp hack
- Is Arvind Kejriwal a good singer
- Donald Trump could play against Elizabeth Warren
- Where is the best park in England
- How do you hide polyester
- What is the next revolution for online marketplaces
- What do you mean by vector direction
- Is that Hatsune Miku
- Is Turkey so interested in Greece?
- What are some SNES RPG games
- What is your salvation testimony
- What are angiosperms What are some types
- You can get dementia from head injuries