How can I naturally moisturize my face?
Winter help: The best tips against dry skin
Many suffer from dry, itchy skin, especially in winter. Possible causes for this are coldness or heating air. With simple tips and home remedies, you can take care of your skin to be pleasantly soft again.
Winter cold, dry heating air, but also excessive care and wrong eating habits favor dry skin. The sensitive skin of the face is often particularly affected, but other parts of the body with thin skin - hollow of the knees, elbows, shins or hands - dry out easily. With certain home remedies, however, you can quickly regenerate the affected areas.
The skin: At just under 1.8 square meters and 16 percent of our body weight, it is the largest and heaviest organ. It protects us from external influences such as light, heat, cold and infections. It stores water and fat and regulates our body temperature through sweating. In addition, vitamin D, which is particularly important for the bones, is formed in the skin.
Dry skin shows up as reddened or scaly patches. It can also appear pale and form small cracks or wrinkles, according to pharmacies. You should therefore take preventative care of your skin or treat it in good time before small cracks expand or even become inflamed.
Causes from within and without
- External factors: Sun, wind and cold dry out and salt and chlorinated water also remove moisture. But excessive care with aggressive products or products that are not suitable for your skin type can also be harmful.
- Internal factors: From the inside out, in addition to certain metabolic or skin diseases, a one-sided diet, too little fluid, hormone fluctuations - such as during the menopause - age itself and stress can be possible triggers. Increased consumption of alcohol and smoking also dries out the skin.
Once you have found your causes, you can specifically do your skin good from the outside or inside.
Skin care in winter: A healthy, vitamin-rich diet from the inside and gently caring products from the outside help to make the skin velvety soft again. (Source: OksanaKiian / Getty Images)
Water against dry facial skin
Most people drink water in sufficient quantities when it is hot. As soon as it gets cooler, the feeling of thirst subsides. The main thing to remember when you have dry skin is to drink enough fluids. Even in winter you should drink at least two liters of water a day. Tap water, mineral water and unsweetened teas are inexpensive and provide the skin with the moisture it needs from the inside.
Delicate skin with the right care
Do not apply moisturizing products on your face when you go out in the cold. Cold air is dry and removes this superficially applied moisture from the skin. Your skin becomes rough and dry. Even the typical lip balm is not always nourishing: make sure that it contains fat and does not dry out.
Instead, use natural oil to protect your skin from drying out: A tried and tested home remedy is cold-pressed olive oil. Spread a few drops of it on your face before going out in the cold. A high-fat cream also protects.
If you tend to have dry skin, you should shower only lukewarm and with pH-neutral shower gels. You should then apply moisturizing lotion to your body. Long and hot baths and dry saunas are not recommended.
Tip for facial hydration: If necessary, clean the face with bran mixed with almond, olive or avocado oil instead of soap. Basically: Better less and natural than many and chemical products.
Insider tip aloe vera
The juice of the aloe vera plant helps against dry skin and sunburn. Apply after walks in the cold. Use it when you feel the skin is tight. Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedies to keep your skin hydrated.
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera is great for nourishing dry areas on the body. (Source: serezniy / Getty Images)
You can often find fresh aloe vera leaves in health food stores or organic markets. Puree the glassy interior with a little water to a mass. Important: Do not apply aloe vera juice before you expose yourself to the cold, only afterwards.
Care masks provide moisture
For a nourishing face mask, mix 100 grams of yogurt or quark with a tablespoon of honey. Add two tablespoons of a finely grated organic cucumber. Spread the mask on your skin and relax for a quarter of an hour before removing the mask with lukewarm water. A 1: 1 mixture of rose water and honey also soothes itchy and burning skin.
Lactic acid and honey have a calming effect on the skin, moisture is well absorbed. Always apply the mask when you feel that your skin is dry and tight.
You can also apply a clay mask once a week. It contains a variety of important nutrients that promote healthy skin.
more on the subject
- Skin care,
- Home remedies,
- Face mask,
- Which startups are based in Sydney, Australia
- Are related to Japanese and Turkish
- Which page is suitable for PDF books
- Cancer can increase the heart rate
- How can we learn discipline
- Why can't all life be important
- What is 9 6 3 7
- How do I discuss confidently
- Which web frameworks are most similar to Meteor
- Are there any healthcare startups in NYC
- Is there an animal with 24 eyes
- What does the song The Living Daylights mean
- Which states begin with the letter I.
- Why does my older dog seem restless?
- What is the greatest classic book
- Is steel a connection or an element
- What is everyone's favorite game
- Can ZamZam water turn into cold ice
- Does the fuel ever get smaller
- What is the placement of BBDNITM
- Is theism dangerous?
- How do toll roads work in Texas
- Noodles increase my high blood sugar
- What are the best British fictional books
- What does the supplementary material of the Vidyamandir classes contain
- Love causes heart ache
- How can I recover from anemia
- Where do raccoons go during the day
- Who Own Credit Unions
- Lastly, do emotional affairs with coworkers
- What is 2 6 1
- What should we stop teaching younger people?
- What are mutagens
- Who is the first documented African ruler