Why did Hitler keep his mustache
Note: We have used commission links in this article and marked them with "*". If an order is placed via these links, t3n.de receives a commission.
“User feedback” as a trigger: Amazon spontaneously changed its recently redesigned smartphone shopping app icon again.
It was only at the end of January that Amazon changed the icon of its shopping app. Instead of the previous shopping cart with the word logo, a symbol should now be established that arouses associations with the parcel packaging used by Amazon. You can see a cardboard box with the sender's characteristic arrow and a blue adhesive tape applied with a standard dispenser.
The Nazi comparison screwed up Amazon's intention
Mockery quickly became loud on social media and online media as well. For many, the resemblance to Adolf Hitler was so evident that the British Sun even ran the headline: “YOU CAN'T NAZI IT!” This is a phonetic corruption of “You can't not see it” see. ”The statement is intended to make it clear that anyone who has once seen the corresponding association can never see anything else in it again.
The new icon was only rolled out on iOS devices in the UK, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. Since the end of February, Amazon has been rolling out the new logo across all platforms worldwide - and is providing another surprise: the e-commerce giant has recently adapted its logo again without further notice. The symbolization of the parcel tape has remained, but now less jagged and with the best will no longer to be misunderstood as a beard. Instead, it now looks like you've stuck a Post-it on the package and then bent it off at one corner.
The mild skeuomorphism of the jagged parcel tape was in any case closer to the reality of the parcel optics than the current unclear symbolism. In fact, Amazon had imagined that customers would first see the characteristic package on their smartphone and then on their doorstep. The new icon was designed "to arouse anticipation, excitement and joy when customers start their shopping trip on their phone, just as they do when they see our parcels on their doorstep." But if in the end, Nazi associations Instead of looking forward to it, the company has not gained much.
That will have been the considerations of the Amazon marketers when the decision was made to "defuse" the logo. It should come as no surprise if Amazon were to introduce a completely different logo in a relatively short time. Because the current version is neither half nor whole in terms of design.
You might be interested in that too
- Is my daughter's body too developed
- Where does Chango get data on search terms from
- What is your opinion on religious scholars
- What is the use of EHVAC
- Will kratom give me energy
- What are the cons of whey protein
- What qualities would an ESTJ woman have?
- Would you like to translate?
- What are the functions of photographs
- Police use of steroids is widespread
- What are your favorite songs for guilty pleasure
- What are some certifications in renewable energy
- Bowls are an Olympic sport
- People have eyes of different sizes
- Which senses are strongest in dreams?
- What are some fun number games
- How many types of motor windings
- How do you treat monkey pox
- Does gluten affect narcolepsy
- What are the challenges in breastfeeding
- Can I use 409 on laminate floors
- Can we transmit certain data through DNA?
- What is man's best friend
- What is a social health insurance system
- Is it Safe to Use Zenmate?
- What do google tags do
- Has the swamp just swallowed Trump?
- Why is WordPress a popular CMS
- Is IBS a service company
- How have you been articulated so beautifully
- Why is the government of Kerala against CAA
- Should I ask a girl
- Are my parents right to deny me?