How to make Cinnabon waffles
Great original Cinnamon Rolls recipe from the USA: These cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting are ingeniously fluffy and juicy!
American cinnamon rolls are particularly soft, fluffy, juicy, and simply forbidden good. In addition, the Cinnamon Rolls filling is usually wonderfully rich and caramel, the frosting is creamy and a bit soft. Mhhhh! I could eat again now 😉
Basically, Cinnamon Rolls are the same as German yeast rolls with a cinnamon filling - but somehow a completely different pastry anyway. I have already tested many variants in the past few years; The original American is definitely one of the best Cinnamon rolls recipe by Buddy Valastro, the Italian-American cake artist from the reality show "Cake Boss" (which I had already introduced here). For you I have to be Cinnamon Rolls Recipe translated, baked and adjusted a bit. The cinnamon buns are really delicious, even if (or perhaps because?) I only used a fifth of the originally stated amount of sugar 😉. You have to plan a few hours for baking or proving the yeast dough; the wait is definitely worth it!
Basis for 12 huge American cinnamon rolls is a slightly sweetened, completely normal yeast dough, the preparation of which I explain in detail here. The cinnamon rolls filling consists mainly of brown sugar / whole cane sugar / muscovado sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ground almonds or nuts.
Makes the cinnamon buns American: frosting and filling
Both the unbaked yeast dough and the finished rolls are coated with liquid butter; The lukewarm cinnamon buns get a cream cheese frosting made of cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla at the end. The result: perfect for "plucking" or "unrolling"! Because I like to unwind cinnamon buns a bit while eating…. For perfect Cinnamon Rolls you definitely don't have to fly to the USA quickly in the future 😉.
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2016 and last updated in 2019.
You can find this and all other recipes in our APP
Cinnamon Rolls (cinnamon rolls)
For the filling
- 40 grams butter liquid, for brushing the dough sheet
- 50 grams ground almonds or nuts, preferably roasted
- 50 grams of sugar
- 90 grams muscovado sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey, agave syrup, etc.
- For the yeast dough, put lukewarm milk and lukewarm water in a large cup. Stir in the yeast and sugar and let stand briefly. Mix the flour, sugar and spices in a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast water and eggs and stir everything together. Finally add the softened butter. Knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes (preferably with a food processor) until it is quite smooth and detaches from the edge of the bowl.
- Knead the yeast dough for about 8-10 minutes (preferably with a food processor) until it is quite smooth and detaches from the edge of the bowl. Possibly use 1-2 tablespoons of flour in addition, if the dough is still too soft. Cover the bowl with cling film or a kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.
- Prepare the filling towards the end of the walking time: Mix all ingredients well (with the exception of the butter). Grease a deep baking pan (approx. 25 * 25 cm, alternatively a springform pan).
- Roll out the yeast dough on a floured work surface to the size of a smaller baking sheet. Brush with the liquid butter, leaving an approx. 1 cm wide border free. Spread the filling evenly on the dough sheet or butter.
- Roll up the yeast dough from the long side to make a long roll. Carefully cut into approx. 12 pieces or snails with a large, sharp knife. Place the snails in the baking pan. Be careful not to layer too closely, they still open quite a bit!
- Loosely cover the cinnamon buns in the mold with cling film and let rise again in a warm place for about 1.5-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees top and bottom heat. Bake the cinnamon buns for about 25-30 minutes. Brush the melted butter while it is still hot. Let cool for about 10 minutes while preparing the frosting.
- Using a mixer, stir the cream cheese with sifted powdered sugar, vanilla and a little milk until smooth. Spread on the cinnamon buns. It's best to eat right away, still lukewarm. The snails can also be frozen well.
- Are there neo-soul trumpeters
- When was the symbol of infinity introduced?
- What is the shortest question ever
- Can men wear tampons
- How do we say table in Hindi
- How corrupt are the Carabinieri in Italy
- How many neutrons does potassium contain in 40
- Can we clone extinct species?
- What's your craziest experience with American Airlines
- Are there college tours in VIT
- Is it good to be against religion?
- Should a vehicle floor be laminated
- What are the signs of success
- Is it haram to wear high heels?
- What role does theory play in research?
- Is luck or misery a choice
- Can we get another Scalia
- Someone had sex in space
- Are real data entry jobs authentic
- Who is the biggest baby ever born?
- Do Muslims contribute to American society
- How can Quora compete with Medium
- How SpaceX films their test flights
- Which stomach virus cannot be treated