Is the USDA organic really organic
The dark side of the organic industry - does organic really have advantages and what about animal welfare?
There are also some protein powders from the USA to buy in this country that are declared "organic". The background to this is that, according to organic legislation, much more is allowed in the USA than here in Europe. For example, also with regard to the use of stevia. The interesting thing, however, is that these products can legally be called organic even after they have been imported into Germany, as there is a trade agreement that both standards (US organic and EU organic) are mutually recognized. If these "organic protein powders" were to be produced in Germany with exactly the same ingredients, these products would have no chance of ever getting an organic seal.
In Germany, when it comes to organic quality, people look very carefully. An example: The yellow peas for our pea protein can only be grown in a field every five to six years. This means that no other plants (e.g. grain) should be grown in this field during this period, as long as they are not also organic. Because if these are sprayed, for example, or if normal fertilizers are used, residues of them could remain in the soil, which then affects the peas - according to the legislation. Only when the entire crop rotation is grown in organic quality can the respective field also be certified organic.
On the other hand, there are literally tons of organic proteins (rice, peas, hemp, etc.) from Asia. At this point, everyone has to decide for themselves to what extent the same standards are adhered to here as one would have to do in Germany according to the law. If it is as good as impossible to produce a corresponding organic pea protein in Germany, it will very likely not get any easier on the other end of the world. If you then add the uncertainties caused by the organic controls abroad, you have to make a very big question mark about organic proteins from Asia.
- Useful nematodes are dangerous to humans
- Is virginity an asset or a liability
- How hard is Navajo to learn
- What's goodbye in Urdu or Punjabi
- How helium balloons float
- What is the resolution of VHS
- How did the Nazis see vaccines
- How do you win after 10 + 2
- What is meant by SEZ in India
- What are the ten rules for psychotherapists
- Are boys just as groped as girls
- Why are there dating sites
- Is Arvind Kejriwal a good singer
- What are some Bible verses that describe heaven
- Is Louisiana still under Napoleonic law
- What is the conjugate base of NH3
- What is your country version of Barbie
- What are the career opportunities for trading
- How do I learn Linux 1
- Should I take company accommodation from Akzent?
- Can dogs eat black pepper?
- How is competitive diving measured?
- Know how to optimize your B2B ads
- What is the word decipherer