What is fiber
Fibers are structural components of the extracellular matrix consisting of elongated protein polymers.
In a broader sense, the term fiber is used in medicine as a macroscopic description for all elongated anatomical structures that have a significantly smaller diameter in relation to their length, e.g. muscle fibers, tendon fibers or nerve fibers.
There are two different types of fiber:
Reticular fibers (Fibrae reticulares) are still listed as a separate fiber type in older textbooks. However, they are type III collagen. With a diameter of 20-40 nm, the fibers are significantly thinner than other collagen fibers. They occur mainly in the reticular connective tissue, but also in other tissues.
3 collagen fibers
Collagen fibers are made up of collagen molecules. They occur ubiquitously in the body and guarantee the tensile strength of the tissue. From a biochemical point of view, they have a triple-helix structure with three alpha chains in which every third amino acid is glycine. Of the around 25 different types of collagen, type I, II, III and IV collagens are particularly important.
4 elastic fibers
As the name suggests, elastic fibers can be stretched reversibly. They consist of elastin and microfibrils, which in turn are composed of glycoproteins (e.g. fibrillin, fibulin). Elastic fibers are found primarily in tissues where extensibility is an important functional property, e.g. in the lungs, in the skin and in arteries of the elastic type.
- How does the Wikipedia Android app generate revenue
- What Delhi people think of Kejriwal
- Who looks through my webcam
- What is the real meaning of Hindutva
- Can play iPads MP4
- Are there sports with paper airplanes
- How old is Shinee Music Kpop
- What is the largest woodwind instrument
- What is FSH for men
- What do you think of Louis Farrakhan
- What is iteration
- What are the best apps for couples
- What is your opinion on topless men
- When do we believe in someone?
- How often is mortgage interest calculated
- Which are the top companies in India
- Does Mark Zuckerberg really offer Facebook lottery
- What are the purposes of a tank
- How can I improve my trivia knowledge
- Is barium peroxide salt of barium
- How can we save mother nature
- Who is your favorite Nigerian actor
- How do I learn 1
- Which Canon camera is the best