Can weeds grow without light
5 weed control tips
Garden design / garden maintenance: Weeding is a bothersome and well-known problem. Giersch, dandelions and ivy grow in the bed, sprout in joints and deface our garden paths. Weeds grow where light, water and nutrients create good conditions. The following methods can be used to contain the appearance of weeds.
1. PreventionGround cover plants are a proven means of prevention. Ground cover, such as hazel root, elf flowers or fat men, are weather-resistant and evergreen. On the ground they cause a lack of light and, in the case of weeds, unfavorable growth conditions. An alternative is the weed control plant. It fights weeds when they have infested your own bed. For this purpose, it is laid out over the entire bed before the plants are planted. Reserve X-shaped recesses where you want the bed to grow later. Plants can now be placed on this. Incidentally, weed fleece is ideally suited to fighting ground grass and Co. under cobblestones and gravel. A last resort is to cover open areas. Bark mulch and straw are ideal for covering unplanted areas in the bed. Joints can be filled with sand and gravel. Without light, the weeds can no longer grow.
2. Home remedies for weed infestationVinegar and cooking water are the most popular weed control household remedies. Vinegar is an acid that gets into the leaf veins during water absorption. The cell membrane of the plant is so badly damaged that the plant dies. This makes vinegar one of the most effective weed killers. But be careful: a dilution with water has the opposite effect. Then vinegar will make the water soft, which will encourage plant growth. However, vinegar should only be used with caution. On the one hand, surrounding plants are also affected. On the other hand, vinegar is considered a pesticide that may only be used under clear guidelines. For hobby gardeners, the Ordinance on Protective Products applies to home and allotment gardens. Usually, acetic acid purchased in stores may not be used more than twice a year. Even mixed acetic acid is considered a pesticide that has not been tested by the state and must not be used in your own bed. Cooking water is a suitable alternative. If this is poured over the weeds, it also provides a remedy for stubborn vegetation. If the home remedies alone do not lead to the desired result, you can find all the necessary means and devices to get rid of weeds, insects and other undesirable small animals on the Internet at https://www.unkrautvernichter-shop.de/.
3. Gas burners, heating coils and infrared devicesHeat is a means of controlling weeds in joints. This is especially true for terraces and paved areas. The gas burner is a simple tool. The weeds are treated with a precise flame for a few seconds. If the use of propane gas is too tricky for you, you can switch to infrared devices and heating coils. Both have the advantage of not burning the plants. Instead, the weeds wither, which is caused by the bursting of protein cells.
4. Weed weedsWeeding is still the classic. Joint scrapers, shovels and knives have proven themselves. It is important to remove the weeds together with the roots. This prevents the plant from growing back. The tap root cutter is a suitable tool for pricking the plant and its roots out of the earth. Gardeners who suffer from back or knee problems can use weed cutters with a waist-high steel arm. In this way, the weeds can also be pulled up while standing.
5. Scarifier, cultivator and roller cultivatorIf weeds have attacked a large area, scarifiers are used. The garden tool is similar to a lawn mower, but is equipped with a rotating spring steel knife. On the lawn, the scarifier scratches scars in the surface of the earth. This is how moss, white clover and carpet-forming weeds can be combated. Roller cultivators are smaller and suitable for the bed, while cultivators are machine operated and used for agricultural purposes.
Source: Tips24 Network - HR
Photo: Alfred Steinhoff / pixelio.de
- What is NASA's dream
- What is the treatment for testicular pain
- How can someone write like a villain
- What are the benefits of genetic modification
- When should you leave college?
- How much does an emergency room cost without insurance
- How are the globes connected?
- What do you think of covfefe
- How Much Are TechCrunch Bloggers Paid
- Where does divorce come from before marriage
- What are the aspects in agriculture
- What year did you come to KGEC?
- Why should I accept the Accentures offer?
- Does communism need a capital letter?
- Psychopaths seek revenge
- Does the Japanese have a word for no
- How important is it to participate in hackathons
- What's the weirdest thing about Marvel
- Which app needs to be developed
- Are introverts an easier target for flirtation
- How was your experience with Spirit Airlines
- Which GEC is the best in Chhattisgarh
- Would you go out with Daenerys Targaryen
- What is the most flattering dress length
- What are the advantages of being Portuguese?
- Why do I have no entrepreneurial skills
- Answers to Quora are really worthy
- What do Americans think of Jeremy Clarks
- Will Trump's campaign strategy for re-election
- Who was the babushka lady
- Is anal prolapse good
- Trans people go to nude beaches
- Why does the insurance not cover IVF