Receive Overwatch 2
"Overwatch 2": Two hours of gameplay and backgrounds in the video
The competitive mode in "Overwatch 2" will be changed to 5 against 5. The developer studio Blizzard announced this in a two-hour livestream for the upcoming team shooter. In the first Overwatch part you play 6 against 6 in PvP mode (player vs player). The change is intended to change dominant strategies from "Overwatch" and give tank figures a less important role, explains Blizzard.
In the live stream, which is available as a recording on Youtube, the developers have announced further details about "Overwatch 2", which was announced at Blizzcon 2019. With the livestream, Blizzard broke a relatively long silence around the online shooter.
Among other things, new playing cards were shown on Steam, which "Overwatch" fans can look forward to in the second part. These include Toronto, New York, Rio, and a racetrack in Monte Carlo. In addition, the user interface has been revised: It should now, for example, show more clearly which characters are currently being healed.
Feedback mixed up
The feedback from the community on the first detailed video material for "Overwatch 2" is mixed: Many people think that the innovations are rather small and see part 2 as an extensive update rather than a real successor. Blizzard has not yet announced a specific release date for "Overwatch 2", but the shooter will no longer be on the market this year.
The last time "Overwatch 2" hit the headlines because of the departure from Jeff Kaplan, who led the game's development. Kaplan was one of the most famous developers at Blizzard and was popular right now in the Overwatch community. Whether Kaplan wants to continue developing video games is open.
(there)Read comments (10) Go to the homepage
Don't miss any news! Every morning the fresh news overview from heise online
You can find detailed information on the dispatch procedure and your cancellation options in our data protection declaration.
- Is society able to innovate without rewards?
- Is it worth shoveling snow for money
- What is IIoT in Ignition SCADA
- How powerful is internet marketing
- Is Youtube under Content Marketing
- What do you mean by acceleration 1
- What fonts does The New Yorker use
- How do I upload my site online
- How can you become a CIA agent
- Can foreigners work in Area 51?
- How does reverse DNS lookup work
- How did old societies hold boundaries
- Batman or Joker choose one and why
- What is the difference between Congress and Legislature
- Does Twitter use its own API Why
- What is 5 5 5 5 25
- How do I sell an idea 1
- Why do I lose when I hug my arm
- What are the router commands
- Can we blame our genes for anything?
- What is the difference between NRE and NGO
- What was Steve Jobs' attitude towards money
- What is micro-body percontouring
- How will social robots disrupt the economy