What is an 852 EDI document
1. EDI and EDIFACT - that's the same thing.
No, that is not so. EDI or Electronic Data Interchange stands for the electronic exchange of data such as invoices, orders, price catalogs, etc. between business partners. The exchange takes place in a structured form in accordance with defined standards and enables fast data processing without manual entry. EDIFACT is on the other hand an EDI message standard developed by the United Nations, which now forms the basis for cross-sector and cross-border data exchange. Other common standards are e.g. VDA, Odette or TRADACOMS.
2. Electronic data transmission via EDI is the same as electronic transmission via e-mail.
Even if both are done electronically, they are not the same. At the Sending documents by email it is primarily about the transmission of messages from A to B. With EDI Although a document is also sent electronically from the sender to the recipient, the main point here is that the data sent can be automatically read into the recipient's system and processed without any manual post-entry. For this purpose, the data is converted by the EDI service provider of the sender with the help of an EDI converter into the required document structure of the recipient system so that it is interpreted correctly and processed there without errors.
3. EDI costs a lot of money.
It all depends on how you look at it. On the one hand, one decides in favor of EDI in order to optimize and accelerate the internal business processes and also to reduce the error ratesthat result from manual data entry, to reduce. And that saves you also massive in the long run Daily business costs, be it the high postage costs for sending invoices by letter or the numerous working hours of the employees who have to manually enter the order lists into the system on a daily basis.
On the other hand, nowadays there are different ways of approaching EDI connections. It does not always have to be the use of expensive internal software. Many companies nowadays opt for an outsourcing solution from an experienced EDI service provider. In this case, there is no need for costly system maintenance and updates and you also benefit from the experience and network of the EDI provider (e.g. www.eedin.eu). The EDI costs are usually easier to plan, as billing is often only based on the number of business partners and messages. For smaller companies with low data volumes, it may be worthwhile to look around for a cost-effective WebEDI solution that can be deployed quickly without major technical effort.
4. Document archiving with EDI is not possible.
EDI archiving is possible without any problems with our support. Our customers can book a suitable service at any time. Then each EDI document is saved in a special archive folder parallel to processing (before and after conversion, i.e. in two formats) and made available to the customer for further processing.
5. An EDI connection is not possible at short notice and takes months.
It always depends on how individual the requirements are EDI connection are. When using standard formats, a connection is possible at short notice. However, if numerous individual requirements have to be implemented, it can take a little longer. Because in order to be able to offer a maintenance-free EDI connection, an error-free and well-tested interface must be set up in advance, which of course requires more time in the preparations.
- What are magnetic isolators
- What did Eduardo Saverin do on Facebook
- The smartphone really makes us smart
- What did Hades do wrong
- What never knows best means
- Which distributions are discrete
- How can you practice writing technical reports
- Which oil is the best
- How can I down-sample or bit-crush audio?
- Socrates' language was powerful
- Mount Tabor is a volcano
- How can I do an MNP online
- Is Apache Spark faster than Hadoop processing
- Which stew is easiest to cook
- What male characteristics do women value?
- Who is the actress in Jugadi Jatt
- What kind of science is archeology
- Are Vietnamese Americans happy in Vietnam?
- Bitcoin Core is the same as Bitcoin
- Is Lake Tahoe in California or Nevada
- Feel free to go to Pompeii
- How to root Redmi 3s prime
- What is a treatment for trismus
- What are the WPC cards