How fast is a VIP B1 visa
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
The Schengen visa entitles the holder to stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days per 180 days.
As a German diplomatic mission abroad, we are responsible for your application if Germany is your main travel destination.
Where do I have to apply for my visa? What is the Schengen Area? Who needs a Schengen visa? See FAQ
Current note: special conditions currently apply to the visa issuing procedure and entry into Germany (including visa-free entry). Please find all information provisionally here.
Prepare your application in the following three steps:
1.) Please fill out the online visa application form and make a printout of it. Alternatively, the visa application form can be printed out and filled out by hand.
2.) Please compile the accompanying application documents. Missing documents or evidence can lead to the rejection of the application. We have put together the right checklist for you, depending on the purpose of your trip:
Checklist: Info sheet 03 - General information on the Schengen visa (C visa)
Checklist: Info sheet 01a - health insurance
Checklist: Info sheet 04a - Business trips
Checklist: Info sheet 04b - trade fair visits
Checklist: Info sheet 05 - Visiting family members and friends
Checklist: Info sheet 06 - Tourist trips
Checklist: Info sheet 07 - Participation in cultural or sporting events and congresses
Checklist: Info sheet 08 - School trips
Checklist: Info sheet 09a - Turkish truck drivers
Checklist: Info sheet 09b - data sheet for Turkish truck drivers
Checklist: Info sheet 19 - Airport transit visa (A visa) and transit visa (C visa)
3.) Please book an appointment to submit your application. We recommend submitting your visa application as early as possible. You should get your Schengen Visa no later than 15 days before departure apply - the Visa Code provides for this period of time as the normal processing time. Schengen visa applications can be submitted up to six months before the planned trip.
Notes on external service providers
Our foreign agency works exclusively with the external service provider iDATA. The external service provider supports you in submitting your visa application and sends your application to the responsible diplomatic mission. There your application will be examined and decided. Our service provider operates in Turkey under the supervision of the diplomatic missioneight Application acceptance centers. The service enables appointments to be made at short notice and short waiting times in the application center itself. IDATA charges a service fee of EUR 32.81. In addition, extra services (VIP service, etc.) can be booked.
Click here to go directly to our service provider:iDATA
For more information, see:frequently asked Questions
Exemption from appearing in person to submit an application
If you have already received a Schengen visa within the last 59 months and your fingerprints have been saved for it, you do not have to personally, but can submit your application to iDATA via a written representative:Model power of attorney
All iDATA offices accept your visa application regardless of where you live in Turkey. The application will then be forwarded to the locally responsible German diplomatic mission abroad.
The COVID-19-related restrictions on entry and appointments are increasingly being used by dubious visa agencies and websites.
It acts exclusively as an external service provider for the visa sections iDATA. Third parties have no access to the visa sections or to make appointments! Only the visa fee levied by the visa offices (max. 80 EUR) due. In addition, iDATA charges a service fee in Amount of 32.81 EUR. The issue of the applications and leaflets as well as the appointment booking are free. Please note in particular:
- Do it no cash payments over fee (maximum 80 EUR) and service fee (32.81 EUR)!
- Above all, do not pay large amounts of money to third parties! There is no advantage associated with this! Do not transfer any money to strangers! Do not make any "down payments"!
- only use the Website of the German diplomatic missions abroad or the IDATA website (https://idata.com.tr/de/tr), to find out more.
- Watch out for fake websites, WhatsApp accounts or dubious agencieswho illegally use the iDATA logo company logo for attempted deception! The correct iDATA address is: https://idata.com.tr/de/tr
- Are you unsure who you are dealing with or suspect an attempt at fraud, contact iDATA or the visa offices.
In order to submit your application, please appear personally at your appointment at the diplomatic mission or at our external service provider. At this appointment, you hand in your complete application documents, pay the fee and answer questions about the planned trip. Your photo and, if necessary, your fingerprints will also be recorded.
During the processing
The German diplomatic mission checks and decides on your application. To do this, she will check whether your application meets the legal requirements. As a rule, the visa process takes time up to 15 days. Please understand that questions about the processing status cannot be answered during this processing time. The following applies: Only inquiries from the applicant himself, his legal representative or a person authorized in writing can be answered.
Please do not send any unsolicited documents to the visa section - especially not before you apply. These documents cannot be saved and / or assigned here. Please always bring complete documents with you to the appointment.
Return of the passport
As soon as the diplomatic mission has decided on your application, you will receive your passport back from our external service provider iDATA.
If you have decided to apply directly at the responsible diplomatic mission abroad, you can only pick up your passport there. If this is not possible, you can hire a representative to collect it. To do this, please fill out the following power of attorney and give it to your representative: Sample power of attorney.
Good Trip! Notes for visa holders
If all the information on your visa label is correct, nothing stands in the way of your trip. Please check this as soon as you have your passport in your hands again. Please inform us of any errors immediately so that we can issue you a new visa.
Your visa will show your full name, passport number and photo. The period of validity of the visa is stated. This is the length of time your trip can take place. The number of days of stay can also be seen. This is the maximum number of days that you are allowed to stay in the Schengen area during the validity period. We want to give you a certain degree of flexibility during your trip: so that you can postpone your travel dates at short notice if necessary, the validity of your visa is usually 15 days longer than the number of days you stay.
- The granting of a Schengen visa does not entitle you to entry. The final decision is made by the border police at the entry check into the Schengen area. It is possible that the border police will ask you to submit documents in addition to your passport with the valid visa, which give information about your financial means, the duration and the purpose of your stay as well as health insurance coverage. You should therefore take a set of your visa documents (including an invitation from Germany, hotel reservation, travel health insurance) with you on your trip.
My application was rejected. What can I do?
First, find out the reasons: we will give you these reasons in a rejection notice that will be sent to you with your passport. A courtesy translation of the sample notices of rejection into Turkish can be found here: Embassy Ankara / Consulate General Istanbul / Consulate General Izmir.
You can submit a new application at any time with complete, meaningful and verifiable documents.
Alternatively, you can use the remonstration remedy described below: Info sheet 89 Remonstration - please note the Processing time of up to three months.
- What is thiamine deficiency
- What made Ogilvy and Mather so successful
- Why can't developer tools startups find investors?
- How did Qutbuddin Aibak die
- Where is the hidden art of folklore
- Are we really still surprised?
- Has Minnie Mouse a middle name
- Why did the class society begin
- What was the hangover you ever had
- Will slavery ever end
- Was Rumi a man
- Why is the N word a thing
- How do parallel and serial interfaces differ?
- Did dinosaurs migrate between species?
- Is Biji Trump really Kurdish
- Why is Bollywood so obsessed with Punjab
- Who is better Thomas Aquinas or Augustine
- What is a perfect black body
- Why shouldn't I be poor and homeless
- What are the sources of acetic acid
- How does the humidity affect the air pressure
- Why can't Pakistan love India
- What is a webwriter
- What is SMART Marketing