Hockey players wear helmets
What equipment do ice hockey players wear?
Hockey is a rough, physical sport full of hard hits and aggressive play. No matter what level you play at, maintaining your health and safety must be a top priority. Wearing the correct protective clothing for hockey game is critical to preventing or reducing the level of injury to hockey players.
Most ice hockey injuries occur to the head or face. According to the Hughston Clinic, the risk of injuries like head injuries and concussions is reduced when players wear helmets. When choosing a helmet, make sure that it fits snugly and allows little vertical or horizontal movement. Check the snaps on the helmet to make sure they work and be sure to wear the chin guard attached to the helmet strap. Use only helmets approved by the Hockey Equipment Certification Council or the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association.
Face masks protect eyes and face from injuries caused by high sticks and flying pucks. The three types of face shield include partial shielding, full wire mask, and a combination of both. Wire masks protect the entire face, while a shield mask covers the eyes and a small area of the upper face, but leaves the lower half of the face unprotected. The combination mask has a shield over the eyes and a wire that covers the lower part of the face.
Shoulder, arm and chest protection
Hockey players wear shoulder pads and chest protectors to reduce the risk of injury to the collarbone, shoulders, and chest area. The pads are available in different designs and sizes. Defensive players tend to prefer padding to protect them from high hits, pucks, and excessive body contact. Offensive players use lighter pads that provide protection, flexibility and comfort. Elbow pads cover the upper arm and part of the forearm and protect the arms from injuries from blows, sticks and pucks. Slash guards are used to protect the forearm area between the end of the elbow pad and the cuff of the glove.
Hockey pants and shin guards
Hockey pants are helpful hockey equipment that protects the player's thighs, hips, and back. Most hockey pants have padding in the pants. The padding is in the thigh, tailbone and hip area. A plastic shield is often built into the waist to provide additional protection for the kidneys and sternum. Shin guards are mandatory in most ice hockey leagues and prevent serious injuries to the knee and lower leg. The guards should fit snugly and extend from the top of the skate to the middle of the knee.
Hockey players wear a face mask to protect their mouth and teeth and a sports cup to protect the groin area. Gloves protect the hands and wrists from bumps from the opposing players. Ice skates are necessary for moving on the ice and should fit snugly to provide adequate ankle support. With the hockey stick, players can maneuver the puck around on the ice. Sticks are made of wood, carbon graphite or aluminum and must be adjusted to the size of each individual player.
- What screams I'm in special education
- How do you import pharmaceutical products
- You were a girl scout
- How popular is the biometric iris system
- What is digital company
- What Are Some Benefits Of Wheat Schnitzel?
- Can i sell my own water
- What is hair cascade
- In what year is the earth's end of the world?
- Some languages are less structured than others
- What are people using instead of backpage
- Why do pit bulls fight well
- Which material is used for the spark plug?
- Why is Obama either loved or hated
- What are some good AIOps solutions
- Which state has 1,350 miles of coastline
- What is actually open source contribution
- What is a security access door
- What is 20 out of 30
- Should I have a boyfriend in college?
- Is a BCA available in ITI
- Why did Hitler keep his mustache
- What is home security monitored
- What's the worst second hand gift
- How are magic tricks performed
- How do I get hired?
- What is aloe vera for hair regrowth
- Where's the Cascadia bug
- Why is the dark age called that
- Who will be coming Akshay Kumar
- What is unique about the kharai camel
- What is Endovex
- Is the Atlantic International University a fake university?
- Is it a bad thing to apologize?