What is the most believable legend
Martin lived in the small, tranquil town of Tours in France around the year 371. Back then, as a soldier, he shared his coat to save a poor man from freezing to death. Then he became a devout monk and was to be ordained a bishop. Martin was a humble man and did not feel worthy of it. In his distress he hid in a goose pen. The geese startled and made a lot of noise with their chatter. So the farmer's attention and Martin was discovered. So he could be ordained a bishop. As a reminder, goose is traditionally eaten on Martin's Day.
The incident, which became a legend, is about when Martin was already ordained a bishop. He wanted to preach to his congregation during mass. Then a goose chattering wildly came into the church. This noise naturally disturbed the fair, so the goose was caught. They were later eaten together at a large feast.
Historians consider this third variant to be the most credible. At the end of the year, wages were issued and taxes collected in the Middle Ages. Traditionally, St. Martin's Day was the deadline for payments. Since many people kept geese, poultry were often used to pay taxes. Most of the time, there was also a festivity such as a fair or a dance evening on the cut-off date. On this occasion it was a good idea to slaughter a goose.
What might be right?
The tradition of the St. Martin's goose, like the history of St. Martin itself, comes from France.
Whichever of the 3 legends may be true - eating a goose in good company is a beautiful ritual. So autumn becomes the culinary season.
- How many people work at Google DeepMind
- Should a Christian join the crypto defense
- What are the characteristics of compliance management
- Who first invaded India from Europe
- What are some good inflation hedges
- Did Hera survive the battle of Scarif
- Should I like Mondays
- What makes love and friendship last
- How do I do a literature review
- What are the coolest examples of greenwashing
- Why are planes stable
- Should I visit Moscow or St. Petersburg?
- Have you ever dated your friends?
- How useful is network marketing
- What is the credibility of Bhrigu Samhita
- When can you leave poisonous people behind
- Big banks control America all over the world
- What's your strangest blind date experience
- What socially acceptable behavior makes you flinch
- Why don't women approach men instead
- What is the toughest job market
- Rappening is seen as a career choice
- Can you describe bipolar in pictures
- What is the Subscriber Management System
- Lookout is still in active development
- Puebla Mexico Where is the Zocalo
- How do scientists measure the intelligence of animals
- The Beach Boys were good singers
- What was your worst experience as a gardener?
- What is a pi number
- What does the EBIT margin tell you
- What is the difference between commitment and responsibility
- How Can I Learn About Internet Marketing?