What is heterogeneity
The adjective heterogeneous means “inconsistent”, “different” or means that “something is composed of dissimilar”.
The term is often used to describe groups of people, but also biological, physical or technical systems. The opposite of heterogeneous is homogeneous.
The term has its origin in Greek heterogeneous, which is composed of the words straight (different, different) and genos (Species, genus, sex).
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[heteʁoˈɡeːn]
Heterogeneous Systems have the advantage that the interaction of different materials can have positive effects.
Due to the advancing globalization, nations and their innate societies are becoming heterogeneous stay.
The Philharmonia Zurich, under the direction of Gabriel Feltz, who is experienced in new music, will fan out the heterogeneous Layers of music as drastic as it is structured. - Julia Spinola, Und der Haifisch, 02/11/2016, time online
Grammar and inflection
|heterogeneous||more heterogeneous||most heterogeneous|
|Feminine||heterogeneous||more heterogeneous||more heterogeneous||heterogeneous|
|Masculine||the heterogeneous one||of the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous|
|Feminine||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous|
|neuter||the heterogeneous||of the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous|
|Plural||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous||the heterogeneous|
|Masculine||not a heterogeneous one||not a heterogeneous one||not a heterogeneous one||not heterogeneous|
|Feminine||not heterogeneous||none heterogeneous||none heterogeneous||not heterogeneous|
|neuter||not a heterogeneous one||not a heterogeneous one||not a heterogeneous one||not a heterogeneous one|
|Plural||not heterogeneous||none heterogeneous||not heterogeneous||not heterogeneous|
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
Inclusion - The noun inclusion (the) means "inclusion", "including". Specifically ...
to collaborate - The verb to collaborate means "to collaborate with the enemy". The...
Neurodegenerative - The adjective neurodegenerative describes the property of progressive ...
persistent - The adjective persistent means "persistent", "persistent" or ...
divergent - The adjective divergent means "having no limit". The contrary...
- Who will kill the devil
- Should I take company accommodation from Akzent?
- Why do people use phones
- What are the rules for reusing stamps
- What if Apple bought Disney?
- Is Sony better than Denon
- Should we start a company like OYO?
- What does SaaS mean in the private cloud
- Are you glad you can't fly
- What is the use of NPV
- Should Apple make its own modems
- How is potting soil different from compost?
- Are walnuts good for the skin
- How to Render Professional SEO Advice
- Is the Mandalorian capable of love
- What languages do the alveolar approximants have
- What is shown on the screen
- How is software engineering taught in IITs
- What is your pet good at?
- Where do raccoons go during the day
- What causes someone to have Muenchhausen Syndrome?
- What are the rules of telling
- What are some interesting facts about Jesus
- YouTube is taking over the world