How can I overcome cocaine addiction
Tips for relatives
1. Don't fool yourself
Addiction is a disease and rarely goes away on its own. It requires a lot of effort on the part of those affected and is often associated with setbacks. Relatives can have a motivating effect and be an important support. At the same time, however, they only have limited influence and cannot solve the addiction problem of a loved one.
2. Look to yourself
It is important to try not to let addiction rule your own life too much. Perceiving your own needs and taking care of yourself. Many relatives make unfounded and unproductive self-reproaches.
3. Don't blame yourself
People with addiction problems did not intentionally create their situation. Allegations rarely lead to positive change.
4. Point out offers of help
Express your concerns and inform the person affected by addiction about counseling services. At a first appointment you can also offer to accompany you.
5. Failure to help can be help
Certain well-intentioned behavior (e.g. justifying absences from the employer) can lead to the addiction problem being played down or perpetuated by the person concerned. You should be able to perceive the consequences of their behavior. In no case should you be tempted to support consumption in any way - not even with cash payments.
6. Respect the other person's personality
Ultimately, everyone has to take responsibility for their own lives.
7. Overcome your own fear
Deal with your own fears and try to overcome them. E.g. "If I don't help anymore, I am considered heartless and hard", "A breakup would be my downfall" or "People will talk about us".
8. Remain consistent
Announced measures should be adhered to. Things that you cannot or do not want to do (e.g. "I am leaving you") should also not be threatened.
9. Maintain hope
Hopelessness paralyzes. Knowing that there are many people in similar situations can help, and improvement is possible.
10. Accept help as a relative
Relatives are often under enormous pressure and faced with delicate decisions. The exchange with a specialist, confidante or people in similar situations can relieve the burden and provide orientation.
- Lemons go bad
- How useful is microdosing MDMA for socializing
- Are hairdressers spoiled by sweat
- How profitable are companies that sell technology
- Genealogy Do you have a gateway ancestor
- The corporate culture is unique in every organization
- What is NASA's dream
- Which questions can computers not answer?
- What is 15 5 2
- What is PGCIL
- Why do we use
- Why do mass extinctions occur
- What's the worst soda
- Should a teacher follow a dress code
- How much interest does avanse charge
- Why does DNS use UDP
- Why are cops hated so much
- Civilization was built on agriculture
- What is monochromatic stainless steel
- The esophagus is a retroperitoneal organ
- How can you maintain your own garden
- What's the case of Bali nine
- What's your favorite project management book
- Google secretly creates an AI