When did Narayana Murthy get married
religion: Brahmins into production
contentRead on one side
The harmonious coexistence is endangered again and again by eruptions of violence between Muslims and Hindus, partly fueled by Hindu nationalist partisans. Murthy attributes such "local conflicts" to the fact that "tensions due to economic inequality are being exploited by religious extremists". The majority of society resolutely rejects any exclusionary religious identity politics.
And the caste system: doesn't it stand in the way of social change? Some parents search through marriage advertisements in the column "by caste": "A suitable partner for a very pretty, clever Yadav desired". Other advertisers, however, state: "Caste no obstacle". Their narrowness, as well as their social stability, are softening with increasing mobility and westernization, especially in cities. The disadvantage of the outcasts has not disappeared, but today there are also Dalit managers and Brahmins in the factory. Narayana Murthy attributes the fact that the higher castes still make up 71 percent in the IT sector and only 5 percent come from rural areas: "Brahmins are not smarter, but they benefit from the lead from history."
For this reason, the government recently wants to introduce quotas for the lower castes at universities. But that will emphasize the identification with what should be overcome, criticize the proponents of a "meritocracy". It is better if economic disadvantage alone counts as a criterion - and if investments are made in primary education. The discussion is all the more explosive because an extremely young population is competing bitterly for far too few jobs; a crowd like in the chaotic Indian traffic.
The wrestler Krishna, a friend of competition
In contrast, peace reigns in the meditation center of Sadhguru Yaggi Vasudev at the foot of the Velliangiri Mountains. "Well-known yogis have always lived here in the woods," says one follower. In the temple oval, meditating believers charge their energies in the lotus position. The gray-bearded Sadghuru is cheerful, but a bit exhausted from the multi-day course with a large group of "seekers". That's why he wears hiking boots and cool, jet black sunglasses and would like to talk while running. While walking through a coconut grove, a video team jogs backwards in front of the "deep mystic of our time", who used to be a businessman. He should know: What do the Hindu scriptures say about capitalist competitive thinking?
"The Hindu men" are by no means alien to competition, laughs the Sadhguru. "The gods loved sports and games; Krishna, for example, was a great wrestler." And the accumulation of property? The gods also encouraged this, answers Vasudev, to protect children and grandchildren. However, one should not cling to the wealth, but share it.
The guru was recently invited to the business bosses in Davos. He made the many rich people aware of the situation of the poor: "Two thirds of the Indian population have not yet noticed anything about the alleged economic revolution." For some of them, Vasudev's Isha Foundation is building elementary schools. Volunteers plant hundreds of thousands of trees with the farmers to protect against climate change. And how does materialism change the Indians; are they moving away from their religion? "Some drop everything," said the Sadhguru. "But others get into fears, stress and inner rootlessness with their prosperity and begin to search for the supernatural all the more." No wonder that people from East and West meet in its center.
On the subject
Hinduism knows several faiths - The most important terms and symbols. A gallery "
Religions - A focus on the curse and blessings of the world religions - and why they still fascinate people today "
- What are your favorite BTS memorabilia
- How relevant is the Keltons Cyber Security Certification
- What if Apple bought Disney?
- What is the use of human bones
- What do you think of Vsauce
- What was your worst experience as a gardener?
- Is it important to watch Game of Thrones
- What affects epilepsy
- How do you identify stock market cycles
- What does carefree mean
- How can I volunteer at UPay
- How do I understand my introverted husband
- How am I supposed to wear a hoodie
- What is the formula for hydrogen phosphite
- Switzerland gives arms to its citizens
- How can I master writing an article
- Can I use 409 on laminate floors
- Why is it so difficult to become a historian?
- Are there any tips for posting Craigslist?
- How do you install Snapchat
- How is biotechnology at NSIT
- Where are the largest swimming pools in the world
- Swap two numbers in c ++
- Is the bone age test accurate
- What is a resume with profile
- Advocate euthanasia
- Who is the Best MCA College
- What are some bad habits you have
- What are the disadvantages of a tree
- Japan and South Korea are military allies
- How competitive is the aerospace industry
- Wikipedia Is it illegal to plagiarize Wikipedia
- What is overload in JS
- What is the pH of trimyristine