How often should I change my tires?
Tire change: New wheels for the mobile pedestal
Fine calculator »Tire change: New wheels for the mobile pedestal
From bussgeldrechner.org, last update on: May 16, 2021
What to look out for when you (or have) changed your tires
Since the tires Connection between road and car represent, they play an important part Traffic safety at. If you drive with worn, damaged or unsuitable tires, you don't just drive that Accident risk highbut also risks fines as well Points in Flensburgif he's caught doing it.
For this reason, the wheels on the vehicle should be kept at regular intervals controlled and if necessary changed become. But even after a car breaks down, a tire change may be necessary in order to be able to continue the journey - even if only to the nearest workshop.
In this guide we will inform you about when to have your tires changed and with which costs is to be expected when changing tires in the workshop. In addition, we explain how you can use the Change tires yourself can and show you the respective advantages of changing a wheel on your own or with a specialist.
FAQ: changing tires
No, there is no legal requirement at the time. However, the vehicle must be roadworthy. Worn or defective tires pose a risk and lead to fines and points.
The tires can be exchanged in a workshop or by the vehicle owner himself. Here you will find some tips on what to consider.
Tire change: when should it take place?
A wheel change can be done following reasons to be required:
- wear: The one required by law The minimum tread depth for tires is 1.6 millimeters. A tire change should always be carried out below this value, as worn tires have a negative effect on the driving characteristics of the vehicle. To prevent this from happening, summer tires should start at a tread depth 2 millimeters and winter tires 4 millimeters it will be exchanged.
- Age: Even if the tires still have a sufficient tread depth, it can still happen that they are because of their age no longer suitable for traffic. The Efficiency decreases over time and the rubber can become brittle. One recommendation according to TÜV-Nord Tires must be replaced after six or seven years at the latest.
- damage: Were the wheels incorrectly stored, had to go through askew Make the acquaintance of a curb or have had it for a long time wrong tire pressure, they can do one damage carry away. Tire should be changed on the car, especially if there are bumps, cracks or visible objects stuck in them.
- Conversion to winter or summer tires: The legal dutyto change summer tires and switch to winter tires when the weather conditions allow. But when is the right moment to change tires? Most motorists will probably be familiar with the “From O to O” rule (from October to Easter). However, if winter temperatures already prevail earlier, this rule of thumb does not apply and you should Change to winter tires before the actual appointment.
Generally speaking, summer tires are better suited for this Temperatures over 7 degrees, in which Winter tires below 7 degrees are recommended. The latter have a higher proportion of natural rubber, which makes them softer on the one hand and on the other hand makes it more suitable for driving on snow, slippery roads and mud.
Have the tires changed in the workshop or take action yourself?
Regardless of whether a change from winter to summer tires or the other way around from summer to winter tires is due, some drivers ask themselves whether they want one Professional let go or Change the tires on the vehicle yourself should.
To make your decision a little easier, we have below the advantages both variants combined when changing tires:
Changing wheels on the car in the workshop
- no tools needed to change tires
- professional service
- more safety
- Tires are checked directly for their quality
- optional: possibility of storing seasonal tires there or having old tires disposed of if necessary
Change tires on your own
- Possibility to choose the time flexibly
- The cost of changing tires is lower
- no long waiting for an appointment in the workshop
Basically: You should only choose to change tires yourself if you know what you are doing and Really master your craft. If you make mistakes, this can happen later in traffic fatal consequences to have. Let prefer to mount the tires in a workshop, can they Costs between 20 and 110 euros depending on whether the wheels still need to be balanced or not. At least you are on the safe side.
Tire change: Instructions for doing it yourself
If you would like to take care of the tire change yourself, you first need it appropriate tool. This includes in any case
- a Steel brush for cleaning the screws and threads,
- a Jack as
- a Torque screwdriver and if necessary a suitable one Wheel cross.
If you have the necessary tools that are needed to change tires, you can do so follow the steps below:
- Drag the Handbrake and insert the first gear a. Should it be a Automatic vehicle act, you should use the appropriate leverage "P" put.
- Before removing the tires, to mark Them on the Tread with chalkto the respective Position to be noted (e.g. "HL" for "rear left" and "VR" for "front right").
- Solve them all Screws around a Quarter turn and position the Jack under the vehicleto jack it up afterwards. Pay attention to the information in the Instructions for use of the car. In any case, it should be on one stand on a flat surfacebefore changing tires.
- Now remove the screws and take off the corresponding wheel. At the same time, you can do the Clean the screws with the steel brush and the Check the brake discs. If deep grooves can be seen, you should (have) made a change here as well.
- Mount the new tireby plugging it on that Insert screws and this first tighten easily. After that, you should use the Lower the jack again and the screws with that tighten the correct torque. When changing tires, it is also important to do so afterwards Check tire pressure and adjust if necessary.
You might also be interested in:
- Pat Robertson has dementia
- Where can a power factor be performed
- Can it be a career to be a violist?
- Who would win Neji or Lee
- What makes a good family portrait
- What is evidence in an experiment
- Has Rwanda's utilitarianism failed
- Can hypnosis change your thinking?
- Can journalists apply for an EB 1
- What are six letter words
- What do you advise on time management
- Why do ideal solutions not form azeotropic mixtures
- Is the scraping of stock market data illegal?
- How do I make hot chocolate
- Can rabbits eat plums
- Is rainwater good for a fish pond
- Is natural sugar bad for you
- Will mix CUDA
- Is IBS a service company
- What are the Public Service Posts
- How do I use Balanced Max Keto
- What are magnetic isolators
- Why don't teachers teach anymore
- Can we eat seafood when we have a fever?
- Should I get an entrepreneur mentor?
- How can I predict a person
- What types of beetles eat wood
- Why do ducks imprint people
- What is a long channel distribution strategy
- Does the UI design require coding
- What makes a Nascar engine so powerful
- What makes a good cast iron pan
- How is the French culture
- Why is money green