What is selenium in automation
What is python selenium? (German)
So you're doing research on how to test your brand new web application and you've heard and seen the term Python Selenium coined by developers and programmers alike.
First, let's answer the question: what exactly is selenium?
Selenium is a popular choice for those interested in those with web browsers automate the tests carried out.
It is an open source tool, i.e. it is freely usable, redistributable and even modified so that the software is accessible to everyone.
To be exact: Selenium is a suite of tools for automating web browsers on many platforms.
This makes the software more enticing compared to its competitors, which is likely to be responsible for how popular Selenium is becoming.
If you want to automate the web browser with Python, you should learn the Python basics first.
What can Selenium test?
Unfortunately, Selenium cannot be used to test desktop or mobile applications, only those that have exclusively for the web were created.
To test for these applications you will need to use alternative software such as QPT from HP or RFT from IBM, etc.
Why was selenium invented?
With the invention of the microchip and the software that evolved as a result, came the need to develop software testing skills.
Developers had to make sure that the code they put into products and systems was safe, reliable, and bug free. This in turn promoted the need for testing.
However, manual testing was a slow, time-consuming, and even quite lengthy testing method, and it wasn't inexpensive either because it required more developers.
Automatic testing removes the possibility of human error (provided the original code was executed correctly), so Selenium was created to improve manual testing.
This is how we understand what selenium is, read on to learn how to use Python Selenium and why it is a popular choice with many developers.
Where can I use Selenium?
Selenium is free to use software that can be downloaded and installed online.
It can be used with a variety of different programming languages including Java, C #, PHP, Ruby, .Net, Perl, and of course, Python.
Your web application can be tested on all common computer operating systems, including Mac, Windows and of course Linux. It can also be used with all common web browsers such as
- Mozilla Firefox
- PhantomJS (a headless browser)
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Selenium can also be integrated with other tools, e.g. JUnit, Maven, Docker, Jenkins and TestNG, this offers many advantages such as reporting and even continuous testing.
Selenium includes other tools such as Selenium IDE, Grid, and WebDriver, all of which have their own advantages when testing your web application. For example, the selenium grid offers reduced execution time and scalability.
The Selenium web driver is the software that enables testing across multiple browsers and also enables the use of a programming language such as Python.
Compared to other automatic test software available for web browsers, Selenium has a number of attractive factors that set it apart from its competitors.
Open source is just one of the great advantages, because for small companies it can save a large part of their project budget as there are no additional licensing costs.
- Will crash honesty in a marketing business
- Can we transmit certain data through DNA?
- What makes you want to adopt
- How can you become an Ethereum developer
- Can subpoena Republicans
- Can religion prevent alcoholism in society
- Can someone explain to me how 21 5 5
- Does our universe necessarily or conditionally exist?
- How many thumbs do people have
- What is your preferred software design pattern
- How does light therapy help with psoriasis
- What are the remedies for Ketu Dosha
- How did the Stanniss army cross the wall?
- Which company supplies Korean cosmetics wholesale
- Is IQ Option the best brokerage house
- What are mistakes people make when flirting
- What does income statement mean
- Where can I repair a garage door
- Is your brand social media savvy
- What is a good biography of Donald Trump
- What does emergency care RN
- BLACKPINK is better than BTS who agrees
- Which cultural factors influence the business?
- Which is not a herbal product
- What are some conspiracy theories on the president's assassination attempt?
- What are the best documentaries on Spirituality Awareness
- Grows oleander quickly
- Really gives GameGully money 1
- Can dark chocolate make me fat
- What is a security access door
- Civilization was built on agriculture
- How do I get rid of Rosaceae