What does handover mean
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- About | ga | be, Plural: Transfer | pass |
- IPA: [ˈʔyːbɐˌɡaːbə]
- 1) Change of ownership
- 2) change of rule without a fight
- 3) Change in the exercise of a responsible activity
- Nouning of to hand over by implicit derivation
- 1) Handover of ownership, handover of money, handover of keys
- 3) Handover of office, handover, handover of power, handover of the rectorate
- 1) “Here took place in 1689 the contractually agreed handing over the lordship from the Bürgerspital to the City of Vienna. "
- 2) “The most important acts of resistance in Vienna were the action of July 20, 1944, when the Nazi leadership was temporarily arrested, and the efforts of the military resistance group around Major Szokoll ('Operation Radetzky') to avoid a fight handing over the City of Vienna to the Red Army in April 1945. "
- 3) “The assistant doctor does not perform a sufficient one handing over to the doctor on night duty. "
- Handover location, handover protocol, handover date, handover negotiation, handover contract
- Nominative: singular handing over; Plural Handovers
- Genitive: singular handing over; Plural Handovers
- Dative: singular handing over; Plural Handovers
- Accusative: singular handing over; Plural Handovers
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The handing over However, failed in front of the police station.“
Kölnische Rundschau, September 12, 2018
„With the help of blockchain, Walmart wants the handing over coordinate packages from one drone to another.“
German Economic News, September 04, 2018
„Safe handing over from automated to manual driving One of the main challenges of automated driving is safe handing over from automated to manual driving.“
MotorMobiles, August 13, 2019
„With a bogus handing over police forces in the Unterallgäu arrested a 49-year-old.“
Augsburger Allgemeine, 23 August 2018
„A handing over is planned for the beginning of 2019.“
derStandard.at, November 12, 2018
„The handing over in the city should take place in mid-April.“
Kölnische Rundschau, March 31, 2020
„Again she has to handing over of the multi-million dollar structure to be moved back.“
Moz.de, May 25, 2020
„For weeks, lovers have been meeting at the border fence between Kreuzlingen and Konstanz - but be careful with that handing over of gifts.“
SWR.de, April 12, 2020
„The security authorities must be prepared for attacks, said Interior Minister Herrmann at the handing over of special vehicles.“
BILD.de, February 20, 2020
„A few hours before the handing over the need for a special vehicle is once again bitterly clear.“
GMX, February 20, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- delivery: Transfer of an item to a recipient
- Handing over
Another word (synonym) for handover - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "handover":
walk: ... go clear - 1 signal agreement: okay, okay, dude, do it; 2 work: the handover went well / everything went well with the handover, no problems come and go - ...
signature: ... 5) Definition of a method or function in programming, which consists of the method name, the transfer and return parameters Origin of the term: Latin ...
above: ... over, over-supply, over-leg, overview, over-cover, agreement, hold-up, handover, transition, over-you, over-all, heading, transfer ...
route: ... which is considered to be the "Maybach or Mercedes" of textile machines, took place in the course of an official handover. "Idea / idioms: 1) stay on the track 4) an animal to ...
transmission: ... 2) Translation into another language 3) Law Transfer of rights or obligations 4) Transfer of infectious diseases 5) Duration of pregnancy exceeding 42 weeks 6) ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Handover" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Überabe/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term “handover” and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Handovers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Über | ga | ben Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
crossing (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular transition; Plural transitions genitive: singular ...
Transitional (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Transition Hyphenation: Over | whole | pronunciation / stress: ...
Transition (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Transitioned Hyphenation: Transition | transition Pronunciation / stress: ...
Transitional provision (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular transition determination; Plural ...
Transitional provisions (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Über | gangs | be | stim | mun | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Transitional Yiddish (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular (das) transition Yiddish the transition Yiddish; ...
Transitional Yiddish (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Über | gangs | jid | dischs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Transition coat (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular transition coat; Majority of transition coats ...
Transition jacket (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Über | gangs | man | tels Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Where is Cleopatra buried
- What is Kolbe's reaction in alcohol
- Should I join Manipal VIT or SRM?
- Are gift cards subject to UK tax
- What happened to Haiti's natural resources
- Have you ever turned down your own crush?
- Is ERP a market for new innovations
- Who are the descendants of Jesus?
- Are blood group differences cultural
- Russia still distrusts China
- What is something that children hate
- Who is the best neurologist in Gurgaon
- How can I become a cosmetics distributor
- How popular is reddit with Stanford students
- Do you believe me in real English
- What are some good font symbols
- What is a negative interest rate loan
- Heart palpitations lead to heart attacks
- What are the benefits of nitric oxide
- Who were the oldest people
- What causes scuffing of the rear tires
- How am I supposed to play a prank on my best friend
- Should I divorce my family?
- What is a bike frame