How many musicals can you name
Musicals combine music and dance, singing and acting in a stage action that is often enriched with spectacular show elements. Its origins can be found in New York on Broadway in the 1920s, but London's West End also quickly became a popular venue for musicals. The musical has long since arrived with us: Hamburg in particular is considered a German musical stronghold.
Musicals offer great entertainment for visitors of all ages. Genres such as comedy (“My Fair Lady”) and drama (“Les Miserables”), according to which a distinction is made in classic spoken theater, can also be found here. It is also popular to transform outdated plays into the new form of musicals. For example, the “West Side Story” should be mentioned, which is based on the tragedy “Romeo and Juliet”. Musically, today's musicals are extremely diverse.
Earlier comedy musicals were shaped by the tradition of revues. What used to be performed as a disjointed show with comic elements is now performed with continuous storylines. Pieces like "My Fair Lady" and "Kiss Me, Kate" are now considered classics of musical comedy.
In the 1960s, orchestras were increasingly being replaced by electronic instruments. The first rock musical "Hair" from 1967 forms the basis for this genre. "The Rocky Horror Show" or "Jesus Christ Superstar" are among the most famous musicals of this kind.
The musical industry is booming. Musicals became particularly popular in Europe with the works of Andrew Lloyd Webber such as "Cats", "Starlight Express" or "The Phantom of the Opera". Many of the current musicals are based on the works and biographies of famous bands and musicians, such as "Saturday Night Fever" (Bee Gees), "Mamma Mia!" (Abba), "We Will Rock You" (Queen) or "Behind the Horizon" (Udo Lindenberg).
With the advent of the sound film since 1927, musicals could also be filmed. Camera technology and editing ensured a new kind of experience that has its own charm compared to the stage shows. The first successful musical film in German-speaking countries is "Die Drei von der Gasstelle" from 1930. The Disney studios brought the first animated musicals such as B. "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". Unforgettable are Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, the stars of the 30s, as well as the great Gene Kelly, the musical star of the 50s. The most successful musical film of all time is "The Sound of Music" (1965).
- Does our universe necessarily or conditionally exist?
- Perception is an illusion
- How do you prevent pneumonia
- Is religion a form of brainwashing?
- How warmth wanders through the room
- How is ISRO beneficial for India?
- Is ego death real
- What makes your chosen country great
- Are immigration judges federal judges
- How to say Get in Japanese
- Is masturbation bad for the mind?
- Quito Ecuador has good public transport
- What is an analytic signal
- Should you have an ego
- Is a fuzz pedal useless
- It's boring
- How does penicillin affect bacteria
- Do 2 7 x 1 14
- What is the Worst Stage of Depression
- Is Skype the best video calling service
- Is Coinbase FDIC insured
- What is the most processed food
- When will WWE 2K19 be released?
- Makes you snore Hayfever
- How long after treatment for depression medication
- What makes you so positive
- What is seven eighths of 216
- What questions should be asked in general?
- What is the ready-mixed concrete industry
- What is the advantage of Aspagarus
- How long should you smoke ribs
- How can I get more violent?
- How do I change Social Security withholding?
- How do I remove books from the Kindle