How can you switch to a hard drive?
hardware Replacing the hard disk under Windows - this is how you take your data with you!
Whether you want to expand the storage space of your PC or want to get Windows moving with a fast SSD: Replacing a hard drive has many advantages. But it is not quite that simple: in order to benefit from the new disk, you first have to transfer the data from the old to the new disk. We'll show you how to do it easily and without reinstalling Windows.
Replacing the hard disk: Preferably with a USB adapter
The most efficient way to replace your hard drive in Windows is to have the new one Connect the disk to the computer via USB can. In this case, you can choose to clone the current system or targeted individual hard disks and partitions to the new hardware without losing your data. For this you need one adapterthat can be bought for a few euros. Is the new hard drive a 2.5 inch model or an SSD, a simple one is enough SATA to USB adapter, which you can purchase for around 10 euros.
It gets a little more complicated with 3.5 inch hard drives. Since these cannot be supplied with power via the USB port, you need a corresponding housingto be able to use it as an external disk. Here, too, there are a number of solutions to be found at electrical retailers. A corresponding one Hard disk USB adapter with integrated power supply is available from around 20 euros.
Important: If you connect a new, empty hard disk to your PC via USB, you must remove the disk before the cloning process initialize. Only then do programs recognize the disk and make data migration possible. To do this, use the Windows Disk Management.
To open it, press the keyboard shortcut [Windows] + [R] and give the order diskmgmt.msc a. The data carrier initialization now automatically detects a new hard disk and offers you to initialize it. Confirm this by clicking on "OK". You don't have to do anything else here, we do the rest in the actual cloning process.
Transfer Windows installation to new hard disk
The most efficient way to move your Windows installation from the old to the new hard drive is this Cloning the disk. All data and partition information is transferred from the old to the new hard drive so that you can continue working with it immediately after the replacement. There are a number of hard drive cloning programs available. In the example we use the test version of Easeus ToDo Backup, which offers an optimized function for Windows migration. In contrast to "normal" cloning (see next section), Easeus ToDo Backup ensures that boot sectors etc. are transferred cleanly during system cloning.
Note: When downloading, make sure that you do not load the free version of Easus ToDo Backup, as this no longer includes the "Clone Operating System" function.
This is how you do it:
Clone non-system disks with easedisplay
In addition to the system disk, there are often other hard disks, especially in desktop PCs. If these are full and you want to replace them with larger hard drives, that's no problem either. We use the free Easeus ToDo Backup again, but the procedure is slightly different.
Replace hard disk
The actual replacement of the hard disk requires the Handle the screwdriver. How it works depends primarily on your hardware: on a laptop, for example, you have to loosen the screws on the back to access the hard drive. Now you can swap the 2.5-inch hard drive for a larger model or an SSD. For desktop PCs, remove the side panel and screw the new plate into the corresponding suspension. If in doubt, they will help you Instructions from the PC or housing manufacturer continue with the exact steps. If everything worked during the cloning, Windows should start from the new hard disk without any problems or recognize the data on the expanded disk directly. It is possible that after changing the disk, Windows might generate a reactivation at Microsoft demands. Experience has shown that this works without any problems because the rest of the PC has not been changed.
- Can Instagram developers see my private messages
- How do you choose the right book
- How open is Telegram
- Why is it important to secure income
- What was Hitler's first name
- Has Minnie Mouse a middle name
- What are Trump's good intentions and bad intentions
- How can you imagine good questions?
- Climate change could turn Alaska blue
- How do nurses deal with emotional attachment
- How can I overcome cocaine addiction
- What is the recommendation algorithm for StackOverflow
- Are you in sarasota
- Which brands of bouldering shoes are the best
- How popular was Caesar with the plebians
- What do you think of Woody Guthrie
- Why is the healthcare system in Switzerland so corrupt
- All colors can be found in nature
- Consider the power supply as the 12th point of improvement
- Which retail stores have the best WiFi
- Who is Daft Punk
- Why did Socrates oppose pure democracy?
- What is crosstalk in VLSI
- How do you show greater foresight? Why
- What is Distribution Law and Associative Law
- How much did Facebook pay for Gowalla
- What is a DC machine
- What if you regret getting married
- What are the symptoms of a sore throat
- What do mothers think of abortion?
- What is the Born Lande equation
- What is it like to find God?
- Why is the HDFCAMC share recovering