Which film is very expensive
Top 10 Most Expensive Movies of All Time
The cost of the most expensive films of all time reaches three-digit million amounts. While in earlier times film studios used their high expenditures for advertising purposes, today they try to downplay their budget and downplay it.
Nonetheless, blockbuster spending continues to rise, and the film industry continues to boom. The top 10 most expensive films of all time should clarify whether a high budget can help determine the success of a film or whether the studio bosses have not gambled too much after all. These are the 10 most expensive films of all time (as of 2015).
10th place: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
10th place went to the blockbuster “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” with a budget of US $ 257.2 million. In 2012, the first part of the novel adaptation of the same name conquered the cinemas. However, since the film grossed over US $ 1 billion worldwide, the high budget is bearable.
9th place: Avatar - Departure for Pandora (2009)
The 9th place of the most expensive films of all time goes to the 2009 film “Avatar”. The film, shot for the most part with 3D cameras, is still the most successful film of all time, with grossing US $ 2.78 billion and a budget of US $ 261 million.
8th place: Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (2006)
Shot in 2006, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 brought back its budget of US $ 263.7 million with a record box office of over US $ 1 billion.
7th place: Waterworld (1995)
Waterworld, a science fiction film with an end-of-time character, was originally planned to be shot with a budget of US $ 175 million, but this increased to US $ 271.3 million. Due to disputes on the set and initially poor box office results, only a small profit could be made in the end.
6th place: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
The 6th part of the successful Harry Potter series was able to work with a budget of US $ 275.3 million and thus only exceeded the estimated budget of US $ 250 million comparatively slightly. The success proved the studio bosses right: the film grossed US $ 933.96 million worldwide.
5th place: Rapunzel - newly spoiled (2010)
Who would have thought that: a cartoon takes second place as the most expensive film of all time. The 50th film from Disney even threatened to fail. The technical implementation led to some disputes in the team, but the costs of $ 281.7 million were recouped at $ 577 million.
4th place: Spider-Man 3 (2007)
The most expensive comic book adaptation of all time with a budget of US $ 293.9 million lived up to expectations. Despite relatively bad reviews, “Spider-Man 3” raked in $ 891 million.
3rd place: Titanic (1997)
The cult film Titanic exceeded its originally budgeted budget of US $ 200 million by almost US $ 100 million (US $ 294.3 million). However, with gross revenues of US $ 1.8 billion, that should have been less of a problem. For a long time Titanic was considered the most successful film of all time before it was replaced by “Avatar - Departure to Pandora”.
2nd place: Cleopatra (1963)
Surprisingly, an older film made it to second place: With expenditures of US $ 339.5 million, “Cleopatra” exceeded the budget of US $ 44 million many times over. This sum could only be recovered in 1966, which almost resulted in the financial ruin of the production company 20th Century Fox. In the meantime, however, the film has grossed US $ 445.8 million.
1st place: Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End (2007)
The third part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series - also from Walt Disney Pictures - devoured the highest budget of all films made to date at US $ 341.8 million. Due to bad weather conditions and the subsequent interruptions to the shoot, the film costs increased noticeably. The film grossed a strong US $ 961 million, but could not quite repeat the success of the second part of the film series.
Booming streaming business continues to drive Disney shares Starting today, Disney + is expanding its offering. The streaming business is booming. And Disney stock continues its upward trend. > read more
- What is the dominant religion in Israel
- Are bike routes reliable on Google Maps
- Do you ever bother other people's behavior?
- Dreams reveal your true feelings
- Is Wayfairs' business model profitable
- How do I become a home appraiser
- What is the best audio player
- Like many makeup artists in the US
- What are the legacies of Nazi Germany
- What do food engineers do
- Who composed the overture of 1812
- Is society able to innovate without rewards?
- How do you decide who you are
- Some languages are less structured than others
- What are your worst addictions in life
- What is the chemical formula for ammonia
- Which projects use LevelDB
- How did YouTuber Dillon the Hacker die
- How do I prevent an emotional outburst
- Is Calculus useful for English majors
- Are real data entry jobs authentic
- How has China changed in recent years
- How does the Wikipedia Android app generate revenue
- Can leukocytes in urine mean cancer?
- Who developed Phonegap
- How is GST helpful for India?
- How do credit bureaus make money
- Which countries are allies of Ethiopia
- How long do rex rabbits live
- Could the RPK be belt-fed
- Can we get another Scalia
- When will Amazon launch in Nigeria
- What's your all-time favorite playlist
- Where is mesothelioma most common