How often is the Manchester Derby played?
Manchester United and Manchester City split goalless in the derby
After the Champions League out in Leipzig, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was under pressure again before the derby against City. The Norwegian brought Pogba right from the start, whose agent had caused a lot of unrest before the Leipzig game. Fred, who was banned from the premier class, was also in the starting line-up. At City, Pep Guardiola brought back the first guard after a B-Elf had played in the 3-0 against Marseille. Gündogan sat on the bench, Aguero was missing from the squad.
If United had completely overslept the start in Leipzig, the Red Devils were highly concentrated in the derby from the start. The rightly much scolded defense around captain Maguire hardly allowed anything against Manchester City's strong offensive. Mahrez missed the best city chance when he appeared free in front of de Gea after a pass from De Bruyne, but failed because of the United goalkeeper's foot defense (35th).
City, who had lost both Premier League derbies last season (1: 2/0: 2), for their part, knew not to let the city rivals' counter-strength develop. United made a slightly more dangerous impression in the first half, but it was mainly thanks to corner kicks. After Lindelöf's header extension, McTominay narrowly missed the second post (12th), Maguire missed (31st).
Penalty is withdrawn - both teams shy away from the last risk
After the change, there was initially excitement in the City penalty area: After a foul by Walker on Rashford, referee Cavanagh pointed to the penalty spot. But because Rashford had been sidelined in the previous pass from Fernandes, the penalty was withdrawn after VAR intervention (48th). United stayed on the trigger for a short time. But Greenwood lost the balance in the penalty area (52nd), Rashford only hit the side netting (54th) after a strong pass from Pogba, who delivered a decent performance.
After about an hour, City increasingly stuck in half of the opponent, but United defended very carefully even in one-on-one situations in the penalty area. With the best city opportunity in the second round, it was, as is so often the case, on both sides: a defender blocked. This time Maguire's shot from De Bruyne, which had been positioned centrally in front of the goal by Jesus (68th).
Even in the final phase, both teams did not take the last risk. United especially needed something that could be counted after the Leipzig nightmare. The point win after a courageous performance leaves Solskjaer, who thus retains a positive balance against Guardiola (3/1/2) - as otherwise (with at least five comparisons) only Jürgen Klopp - can take a deep breath, at least for the time being.
H. Maguire (79.)
Christopher Kavanagh England
Christopher Kavanagh England
12/12/2020, 6:30 p.m.
Old Trafford Manchester
The home record of the Red Devils remains manageable. After six games at Old Trafford there are five points and three (!) Goals. On Thursday (9 p.m.), Sheffield United, the bottom line, will have the opportunity to keep their away record (5/0/0) flawless. City, which is one point behind their rivals in the table, will receive West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday evening (also at 9 p.m.).
- Who was the First World War between
- What's your rating of American Airlines
- What is the most unsinkable ship
- Are you very strong physically
- What's the strangest emotional support animal
- What do you know about the Inuit
- Why do you reject socialism
- How can I be happier
- What are some certifications in renewable energy
- Which Brexit agreements would the UK unite?
- Do it this way sometimes
- Is Norco stronger than Vicodin
- What's your favorite song from the 90s
- What if there was no white revolution?
- What time is it now 2
- Commercial aquaponics can be a viable business
- Why do people keep hurting me
- Who is Marvels Galactus
- What affects your SEO ranking
- Why did you cure your depression
- Which instant messaging apps are popular
- How does creativity influence science?
- Are you in sarasota
- Phenol reacts with thionyl chloride
- Can computer programming be commodified
- What is an 852 EDI document
- What is OYO and are they successful
- What is the use of WP
- What does the mobile app need
- Who is happy in Russia
- PARA soldiers receive family accommodation
- Why isn't Apple buying a wireless carrier
- How did astronauts leave the space shuttle
- Who are important explorers from Germany