What makes and breaks a superhero movie
"Deadpool" breaks record with strong box office earnings
This week the superhero film "Deadpool" celebrated its theatrical release in some countries and so it became the week of truth for the film studio 20th Century Fox. A comic book adaptation that is not suitable for children and also does not appear in 3D acts like a huge financial risk. Those responsible can take a deep breath, however, because the first numbers for "Deadpool" are extremely convincing.
Yesterday, February 12, 2016, “Deadpool” was also released in the USA, after Ryan Reynolds had already heated up the bad guys in Germany and other European countries the day before. It seems that the difficult production story has ultimately paid off, because the tough comic book adaptation had an outstanding first day.
In the US, "Deadpool" grossed $ 12.7 million on its first night, setting a record for films with an R rating. The previous top runner in this category was "Hangover 2" at $ 10.4 million. An R rating means that no young people under 17 years of age are allowed to watch the film without their parents being accompanied; however, some cinemas refuse entry to under 17s, even if a parent is present.
Marvel Phase 3: These superhero films are waiting for you by 2019
This consequently reduces the potential audience for the film, but apparently it will still have no problems recouping its budget. It is currently believed that "Deadpool" could gross around $ 60 million on its weekend, which is a very good start with a production budget of $ 58 million.
The good start provides further arguments for "Deadpool 2"
In other countries "Deadpool" was also extremely successful. In Great Britain, he achieved the fifth best grossing result in a film starring a Marvel superhero, despite the increased age limit. In addition, the entertaining mercenary made the second-best debut in IMAX theaters in the UK, only surpassed by "James Bond 007: Specter".
In view of this pleasant debut, those responsible at Fox will certainly see their decision to have announced a sequel confirmed. The fact that "Deadpool 2" is in the making was announced even before the first figures, even if the first forecasts had already predicted a worthwhile start at this point in time.
- Do people absorb energy from others
- How much did Facebook pay for Gowalla
- Why is India always flying PM Modes
- What is an emergency lie
- What are different debtors and different believers
- How is life in Tallinn
- When did the Rwandan revolution end?
- Jesus dies hopefully
- What is a biomass briquetting plant
- How can someone earn from local knowledge
- Have close friends for conducting opera symphonies
- What is EMC Connectrix
- What is a GQ modifier
- What is data query
- Utilities hate solar energy
- Will the world ever get better
- If you zoom in, the image quality will be reduced
- Why is everyone broken once in a lifetime
- What would you do in a sharknado
- What does a simple hypothesis mean
- Which skills are best for freelancers
- How do I crochet socks
- Exceptions in C are expensive
- How does the technology keep improving