Does it ever snow in Wellington, New Zealand?
New Zealand is located in the temperate latitudes of the southern hemisphere. The northern parts of the North Island are characterized by a subtropical climate, while the rest of the country has a temperate climate. The average precipitation in one year on the west coast of the South Island is 7000 mm, on the east side of the mountains it is about 5000 mm.
Spring in New Zealand runs from September to November. Here the weather can show quite a spectrum. This ranges from very low temperatures with frost to very high temperatures. Flora and fauna awaken during spring. Summer in New Zealand is from December to February. This is accompanied by a lot of sunshine and pleasant, high temperatures.
March to May are the autumn months in New Zealand. Despite slightly lower temperatures than in summer, it is still hotter than in other countries in summer.
Winter is cold and snow is not uncommon in certain areas. The deep south of the country has an average temperature of around 9 ° C, while the far north has a higher average temperature of 15 ° C. July is the coldest month of the year. January and February are the warmest months of the year in New Zealand. The lowest ever confirmed temperature in the country was 21.6 ° C and was reached in Ophir in June 1995.
Most of New Zealand's annual sunshine hours are over 2000, with the sunniest areas - Bay of Plenty, Hawke’s Bay and Nelson / Marlborough - over 2350 hours.
Due to a relatively low level of air pollution, in contrast to many other countries, the UV rays in sunlight are very strong during the summer months.
New Zealand is in a zone of strong westerly winds. These winds hit land only three times in their orbit at latitude 40 degrees south: once on the southern tip of South America, later partly on Tasmania and the third time on New Zealand.
New Zealand often experiences very rapid weather changes. Rain and sun alternate rapidly, as the sea climate often creates wind.
- Wine becomes stale
- Is gallium an anion or a cation
- How is the recruitment changing?
- How is the disease of the protists treated?
- Is my daughter's body too developed
- What is the Go4WorldBusiness Deal Maker Service
- How realistic are mining robots
- Is belief
- Does Donald Trump own a golf course
- How do I improve the speed of my mind
- What are your favorite books on nanotechnology
- What are video connections
- How has technology changed modern US law
- Can you live without affection
- Where is the bottom of the Colosseum
- How do investigative journalists develop their sources
- When to use lip gloss
- Which is the cheapest currency?
- Define different types of cosmetic body surgery
- How is your experience at SSCBS Hostel
- Should we get rid of the Olympics
- What is 37 in french
- Why do men in general not express their feelings
- What are the Public Service Posts