What are the similarities between Britons
10 reasons why German and English are similar
7. Both languages use the Arabic number system
Another benefit for English speakers learning German is that the two languages use the same Arabic numbers. Similar to English, all numbers are composed of the digits 0-9 and follow the same core principles, although they have different names in German.
This can arguably best be shown using the numbers from 10 to 20.
English: ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty.
German: ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty.
As you can see, the suffix “ten” is replaced with “ten”, but the basic pattern remains the same.
8. German and English are popular languages around the world
English is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, but this status can sometimes prevent English speakers from learning a second language, especially if the language is considered less of a global importance.
But the German language is still flourishing. For example, it is the most widely spoken language in the European Union. German is officially spoken in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and various other countries and is also recognized as a minority language in countries such as Brazil, Kazakhstan, Namibia and Denmark.
- Is it good to meet a traveler
- What is known as the science city
- Should we not forget our humiliation
- Why did you stop playing tournament chess?
- Can the Queen stop Brexit?
- What are mistakes people make when flirting
- What episode did Naruto get the Sharingan
- Was Krishna Bhagwan a vegetarian
- Can INFJs read other INFJs
- How smart is Buzz Aldrin
- Atari left the video game business
- What do silverfish eat
- Accepts Dollar General Google Pay
- Who built C 3PO
- How is the career in Capgemini India
- How do I become a successful litigator
- How would you encrypt your email
- Why is astrology so popular
- Online booking for hotels
- What's next for Conor McGregor
- What is knowledge according to Socrates
- Which gas is strongly absorbed by charcoal
- Can hear insects such as butterflies and dragonflies
- What if there was no white revolution?
- What is EMC Connectrix
- What is the best 50 sniper rifle
- Why don't Indian companies make weapons
- Why should I study business in college?
- What does balance arrow mean
- What is remote infrastructure management
- What do neuroscientists think of evolutionary psychology
- Can I be good at more than one activity?
- How can you become an Ethereum developer
- Well worth a mortgage