How does abuse mess you up?
Here are some examples of what sexual abuse means:
- An adult or adolescent persuades or forces a child to kiss them or to look at or touch the penis or vagina
- An adult or adolescent person tries to touch or kiss a child anywhere (over or under clothing)
- Men, women or young people show a child photos, films or pages on the Internet with naked people - pictures that have to do with sex and violence.
- Someone wants to take pictures or film or cell phone recordings of a naked child.
All of this is not okay!
If this happens to you, you are not alone in it. Many children, girls and boys are sexually abused, mostly by adults or older adolescents who they know or even love. It can be a neighbor, the leader of a youth group, it can also be a teacher, an uncle, a grandpa, a cousin, an older brother or even the father, the mother's friend. Sometimes women abuse children too.
If you have experienced sexual abuse, no matter how you acted, it is never your own fault. Even if you have accepted gifts, for example. The adult or young person is always to blame. Nobody has the right to touch you if you don't want to - especially not your buttocks, your vagina, your penis, your chest. Nobody has the right to kiss you if you don't want to.
No person should force or persuade you to touch, stroke, or kiss them.
If someone touches you strangely, tells you unpleasant things, shows you disgusting pictures or wants to take a picture of you against your will, then you can say “No”, “I don't want that”, be rude and cheeky, romp, scream and run away.
If you can say no and defend yourself, that's great. We know, however, that it is often very difficult to say no or that adults do not even listen to the no. In any case, you should tell someone you trust about your experience.
Maybe you promised not to talk about it because it was a secret, or someone threatened you that something bad would happen if you did talk about it. Nevertheless: You are allowed to talk about secrets that cause you grief or fear, that depress you or confuse you, about such "secrets".
- Why do plastic bottles have grooves?
- What is Bundesliga
- Who is the successor to Lionel Messi
- Who is the biggest baby ever born?
- Has Michael Jackson seen adult films
- What is your preferred hunting method
- What is demographic change
- What do I want to eat
- Let's learn something in school
- Which color is the most comforting
- What are the sources of food energy
- How can I learn music at home?
- What are ice cold moves in wrestling
- Why is the US not attacking North Korea?
- How do you become a superstar DJ
- What are the rules of Dubai
- Which sanitary tools should the company provide?
- Charge shorter phone charger cables faster
- Did you escape Scientology what happened
- Trust your president
- Is psoriasis really caused by fungi
- Newton's second law is the law of
- Is it worth studying B E part-time
- Where's the best pizza in Philadelphia