Is cycling 10 miles a day good
Help for a 169 mile bike ride
I did a 120 mile tour and it was either over 2 days or 3 days.
The simple estimate is 10 miles per hour for a bike ride. You can easily drive 50 miles in a day. It should take about 4 days at a distance of 169 miles. Sometimes the average speed is closer to 15 mph. You can also take more or less time per day.
I used both front and rear panniers. Placed camping and clothes in the panniers. The sleeping bag is on the luggage rack (can also be used as a soft seat). Tools on the front rack or an easily accessible pocket on the panniers. Another option is a pocket on top of the front rack.
You will need a pump and at least two small water bottle holders or at least one large bottle holder.
Watch out for wind and sharp turns. Remember that your bike has more mass, so mounting and steering will be a little more difficult.
Headlights and taillights are a must, at least the taillight. They want these cars to see you from behind.
You may also want to bring a cell phone and charger. Nice to have in an emergency. Small first aid kit.
As for snacks, the usual trail mix is enough. Helmets are compulsory. A wet rag between your head and helmet would also be nice.
Either drive the route first or explore it with Google Maps. Look for hills and see if there are flat routes around them. Also look for bike paths or routes. These bike lanes provide more isolation between you and those nasty cars (moving or stationary cars with doors opening). Beware of sewer grilles, they tend to damage the rims.
I used high pressure tires on my bike: 90 front, 85 rear. High pressure eases friction on the road and makes pedaling easier. Adjust your seat so that your legs extend at the lowest point on the pedal. This will reduce the possibility of cramped legs.
As a side note, a normal person walks at a speed of 2 miles per hour. If they run a total of 5 hours per day, they will cover an average of 10 miles per day. A bike is 10 miles per hour and you can cover 50 miles in 5 hours. You might want to rethink your duration a little. Also divide your trip into segments. Each segment should end at a hotel or campsite regardless of the distance.
- Do pilots receive the same salary
- How do I use Balanced Max Keto
- What are shoulder necklines
- What does the acronym RNLI stand for
- How much does Power Dialer cost
- Who were the oldest people
- What are some examples of ad hominem
- What animals fake their own death?
- Is Stephen Elop really a Trojan horse?
- Why does my older dog seem restless?
- When will an extension of life be possible?
- How do I make my laptop better
- How did Atlantis sink
- What are the best books for filmmakers
- Which is better pharmacy or nusing
- What are Payroll Source Documents
- Why do students play in school
- Should I apply again for Cambridge and Imperial
- How can I get myself heard
- Can insects digest plastics?
- How were leggings invented
- What is the identity principle
- The esophagus is a retroperitoneal organ
- What is Trump Putin doing