Rappening is seen as a career choice
When the ruble rolls - career choice rapper
Regardless of whether you are a passionate shower stall singer or a rampage pig - for whom music is more than just a pastime and flirting with swapping the office chair for a rapper career, you should be aware of a few things. Fountain pen or microphone: TheMessage magazine gives you an excursus about what you should expect when choosing a rapper career.
The rapper existence
Golden chains, fat cars and bills thrown through the air - a sight that is associated with classic music videos in hip-hop. From ghetto to millionaire, the daydream of many rappers while “Lose Yourself” by Eminem is on. In the documentary "Adult Rappers", director Paul Innacchino Jr. addresses the daily "hustle" of growing rappers who are on the verge of commercial success. For the great mass of musicians, the carefree life is over, sales figures are falling as a logical consequence of the Internet and earning a living through music requires a high degree of economic thinking and skill.
"Started from the bottom, now we here" (Drake). What does a well-known rapper deserve is an often heard question. The Forbes Magazine lists the so-called HipHop Cash Kings annually. According to research by the financial magazine, Diddy and Jay-Z carry their change, as well as champagne, vodka and clothing brands, as well as record labels and watermarks. But hardly any artist can manage this standard of living without an additional surname - it should be noted that German-speaking artists such as Bushido or Sido are earners in the millions. Whereby Bushido has shown a good hand in the real estate sector. Sido, on the other hand, tried to go the classic way with the "Superstarz" headphones - following the example of Grand Master Dr. Dre, whose Beats by Dre was acquired by Apple for a billion dollar amount. Kollegah earns from good chart positions according to the Fortune magazine up to 600,000 euros per year.
But many rappers with chart positions can't really make a living from their art. The Frankfurt Megaloh works as a warehouse clerk, the red-light rapper sister Ewa runs her own “Stolze Bar” and Moneyboy tries to earn money with YouTube clicks. Because apart from record sales, which bring in artist participation on average between two to seven euros per record, the live show is screwed up and masses of merchandise are brought to the fans. A source of income that most full-time rappers cannot do without. GEMA and streaming make a small contribution, and YouTube ads are not to be underestimated - but at the end of the evening the tax office does its part and then often there is not even an average salary left.
The illusion of the cliché corresponds to reality in very few cases. What remains are leased cars, underpaid models and a bunch of fake clunkers. Of course you can't generalize that for the whole genre, because a lot doesn't apply to most rappers on the fringes of commerce. The bottom line is that the hyperbola remains a simple stylistic device that is deeply anchored in the genre. Rapper, not a recommendable full-time job, but a passion.
The message - the Austrian magazine for urban music and art. Musik Magazin, founded in 1997 and based in Vienna, is an integral part of Austrian hip hop culture.
Author: Wanja Bierbaum
- Is GRB Books enough for NEET cracking
- What is nail biting also known as
- How deep are utility lines buried
- Are criminal laws written in the Constitution
- What makes a city neighborhood hipster
- What is a distributed autonomous system
- How do fans feel about film reviews?
- Who made the first hypersonic aircraft
- How can we record IMO calls
- What landforms were found in ancient Egypt
- What percentage of psychopaths do people kill?
- How can connections be inconvenient
- Is the IIT BHU an autonomous institution
- What is tan 1 1
- Will a blood donation lower my iron level?
- Which are the biggest online bingo providers
- What motivates people to make money indiscriminately
- How does a wind turbine generate electricity
- Does patience work
- Can I do ITI courses without math
- How quickly can ear piercing close
- How can walking barefoot affect your health?
- How does Facebook advertise itself
- I wanted to make money online
- Who invented a typewriter?
- Is 2 milk lactose-free
- Why is the USA so pruede
- Let's do enough for Puerto Rico
- The corporate world is working on innovation
- What is seven eighths of 216
- Abraham Lincoln smoked weed
- Which society should I join at NSIT?
- Can someone literally know everything