How do I start learning R Engine
“In any case, the large database manufacturers have recognized the potential of R. For example, Microsoft has integrated an R interpreter into the database engine (you can therefore run an R script on data in the SQL server and in an Azure SQL database without data transfer) and in Power BI Desktop, what is especially interesting for visualizations. "
Are you curious about how to solve problems in R and you may already have some experience with SQL? Then you have come to the right place with this article! We'll start with the basic elements of the language - lots of specific sample code. Then we take a look at how we can handle data (basic SQL knowledge helps here - but is not required). And last but not least, we will look at use cases that can typically be solved with R.
As a programming language, R is strictly but dynamically typed, functional and interpreted (i.e. not compiled). It is popular with so-called data scientists, among other things, because there are (free) packages with which statistical calculations (such as matrix calculations or descriptive statistics) can be carried out. Machine learning (e.g. linear regression, clustering, neural networks, etc.) can also be implemented. The results of the calculations can be visualized efficiently and effectively.
R is the open source successor to the S programming language. A very active community is driving the development of the language and the available packages. At the time of going to press, over 12,000 (in words: twelve thousand!) Packages were available on the Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN). This is both a blessing (because, for example, new machine learning models that are being developed in the academic world or by companies are made available very quickly) and a curse (because of course no one has an even remotely complete overview about all packages). You will learn about a handful of packages over the course of this article.
In any case, one thing is certain: when you work with data, you will learn to appreciate R. This gives you many options for accessing, transforming, and cleaning data so that you can ultimately analyze it. And, starting with SQL Server 2016, Microsoft has integrated the R programming language into their data platform.
Create and execute scripts
You can run the examples yourself after you have used R and an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as B. RStudio or R Tools for Visual Studio installed on you. Figure 1 shows the basic structure of the IDE. At the top left (framed in red in the figure) you can create a script and execute it entirely or step by step. The input console is at the bottom left (orange).
Read the full article in the issue:
Developer Magazine Special Vol.17: Machine Learning - "Machine Learning"All information about the magazine
- Mental health can be a nutritional problem
- How does the Epic Game Store work
- What are the top 5 photo lights
- What are Hollywood's primaries
- How do I love their imperfect appearances
- What is an electrophilic aromatic substitution reaction
- Why do politicians have such massive egos
- What are your worst addictions in life
- How quickly does the pen ink dry
- What is the best video player for Android
- What was the marathas revenue
- Which stores accept American Express
- What are the social benefits of advertising
- Why is the world becoming catastrophic
- What is the best alternative to Jobvite
- The Americans get along with the Japanese
- What are the descendants of trilobites
- At what age should I stop wearing perfume?
- What do sweet words mean?
- How much should kitties cost
- What were your impressions of a visit to Spain
- Is Google Translation good for SEO
- Who sings the song Do Ya
- Will karma spare me for being sarcastic
- What was the first song as hard
- What gives a company a competitive advantage
- How's the career in food technology
- What is biblical theology
- Who are the most skilled poker professionals
- How can you recognize people immediately
- When did blogs lose their popularity?
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a Swedish patriot