What does Elon Musk think of Quora
It's no secret that the Tesla boss is one of the biggest workhorses. But how do you cope with a 100-hour week, and still be so successful at it?
Elon Musk is a true jack of all trades and a passionate founder. Among other things, Im owns the electric car manufacturer Tesla, the private space company SpaceX, is the initiator of the Hyperloop project and is involved in PayPal. There is a lot of work involved. Insiders therefore rumor that he works up to 100 hours a week. But how does he do it?
Patrick Hankinson is the founder of the time management system Hello Focus. On the question portal Quora, he answers how Musk copes with this tough program - and is extremely productive at the same time.
1. The right time management: batching
According to Hankinson, Elon Musk does not waste time on a lunch break - instead he combines lunch with meetings or answers emails in the meantime. The whole thing is called "Batching", a form of time management, in which similar tasks are summarized. Since the tasks are very similar, you work much more productively.
Speaking of emails: Musk claims to be a real one Email junkie: "I love emails. Wherever I can, I try to communicate asynchronously. I'm really good at it," he reveals in an interview with the online magazine Mashable.
Interesting: Elon Musk made a decision at 14 that shaped him.
2. Strict schedule
This is the ultimate time management hack: According to Hankinson, Elon Musk is always working highly concentrated on a topic for five minutes. Then he jumps back to the next topic for five minutes and so on. This is supposed to be the most productive way to work. Of course, this only works with an assistant who has an eye on his strict schedule and provides him with the necessary documents.
Since Musk owns different companies, he spends his time at these companies alternately. Here's a typical schedule for his week that he revealed on Mashable:
- Monday: SpaceX (Los Angeles)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Tesla (Palo Alto)
- Thursday and half Friday: SpaceX (Los Angeles)
- The rest of Friday: Tesla Design Studio (right next to SpaceX)
- Weekend: with the family
3. Well-prepared employees
The Tesla boss also relies on excellent employees who can answer any of his questions immediately. This way he doesn't waste time waiting for answers.
For further reading: With this sentence Elon Musk reveals whether employees are wasting time.
Musk should always ask its employees for honest feedback in order to develop themselves further. "I think that's the best advice of all: Ask yourself and always think about how you could do your thing even better," he continues at Mashable.
Also read: This is where the Tesla boss proves his leadership skills.
5. Focus only on the essentials
Also, according to Hankinson, Musk doesn't waste energy on work that is pointless. Like advertising, for example. In his opinion, if the product is good, it will sell without expensive marketing measures.
More on this:That's how crazy a day goes at the Tesla boss.
From Andrea Stettner
- What is the function of a DLL
- Why does Gaara have black eyelids
- How much does Benecol lower cholesterol
- Why is technological entrepreneurship so emphasized
- Which webcam is best for online teaching?
- Has Wham written her own songs
- How do I use Google Analytics
- Where can I buy and sell Peercoin
- How do deontology and teleology differ?
- Why are Ahsoka's lightsabers blue
- What should HP do now
- It's not your fault
- Why shouldn't people keep asking questions
- Where does an emergency fund come from
- How to analyze the Apache log faster
- What role does theory play in research?
- What is the future of advertising
- Are you aware of your surroundings
- Is Kensington Brooklyn Safe
- A uterine fibroid prevents pregnancy
- Is Arvind Kejriwal a good singer
- Marriage is required for baptism
- Is anal prolapse good
- What do Israelis think of Americans?