What is the greatest classic book
The largest booksellers
Market leaders, regional chains, local sizes and specialist book specialists: For the 28th time buchreport presents a market leader documentation. No. 1 is (unsurprisingly) Amazon.
buchreport has once again measured the book trade landscape (graphic: buchreport).
It is the picture of a mature industry. The business of the large and medium-sized companies in the German-speaking book trade reflect the trend in the sector, which has been fairly stable on average, with small increases and decreases. Above-average deviations are due to acquisitions or portfolio adjustments.
The chain stores have given up more than 100,000 square meters of book retail space in the past five years. In the meantime, they are again taking advantage of one or the other opportunity to take over, but also continue to take every opportunity to part with excessively large, otherwise not particularly profitable or perspective-critical areas when contracts expire: Hugendubels The planned withdrawal from Göttingen and Bochum is currently included, another example is the downsizing move of the Mayerschen in food.
The stationary presence is becoming more modest, as already stated in the “Filialatlas” (im bookreport.magazine 11/2016) made clear. The shops are becoming smaller on average, the number of large areas (from 1000 square meters) is falling. In the meantime, online shops are growing, but not nearly as dynamically as in other retail sectors. But they started much later than books, the pioneering e-commerce segment. ..
Booksellers in 5 categories
Has for the 28th time book report set in order to identify and classify large and large companies in the industry. After 24 years of a classic sales ranking of the stationary book trade, this overview and company documentation has been structured more strongly since 2014. This takes into account the increasingly advanced differentiation between bookselling sales forms and business models, even if sales remain the most important key figure for inclusion in the panorama of the largest bookstores.
The 36 bookselling companies recorded are sorted into 5 categories:
- The market leader are active at least across Germany and (with the exception of Hugendubel) also in the entire German-speaking area. Among them, unlike in the USA, is the online giant that has not yet been stationary, but only markets via Internet platforms Amazon, who has been No. 1 in book sales for years. Then there are the supra-regional multichannel book chains Thalia, Hugendubel and the new one, which is growing again after the 2014 insolvency Worldview-Company that, in addition to its branches, also continues the tradition of classic catalog advertising.
- The regional chain stores are led by the NRW chain Mayersche. Osiander, Rupprecht and Blow have staked their terrain in southern Germany, Hey man and Decius in the North, Lüthy Balmer Stocker in Switzerland, the MorawaGroup in Austria. There are also a few other regionally branched bookselling companies.
- The great soloists which are market-leading at one location and at best show a presence with a few offshoots in the vicinity are called Dussmann in Berlin, Wittwer in Stuttgart, Rombach in Freiburg, Graff in Braunschweig, Reuffel in Koblenz and Bider + Tanner in Basel.
- The media dealers do books as a non-dominant offer like the media chains Bookplate (Switzerland) and Libro (Austria). Books are also an important sub-range for the station book trade, whose main business is press sales.
- The specialist information brokers increasingly serve their professional clientele - libraries, law firms, companies - in digital form. State-funded science communication is currently under strong pressure to change.
- What is the speech of mankind
- Why should I buy a Ford Figo car
- How did the Big Bang overcome gravity
- Will Facebook ever remove the poke feature?
- What are shallow diggers
- What is the Russian word for bank?
- What is the value of 7225
- What is the full form of ROP
- Why don't supermarket chains wear ducks
- What is the SAP ABAP course
- How am I supposed to play a prank on my best friend
- How is chemical engineering at NIT Bhopal
- How can I get out of depression
- What is the difference between ISFP and INTJ
- Why is folic acid important in pregnancy
- What's the first beer you ever had
- Did Henry Purcell play an instrument
- Why is Obama either loved or hated
- Who decides which art is important
- What is Endeavor OS
- What does market distortion mean
- Why is Isekai Anime is gaining popularity
- What are some of your daily expectations
- Is Coinbase FDIC insured