Do you like Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
Dear Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
At the beginning of the week, your opponents were probably still mischievously happy when they unearthed an old video of you in which you are seen dancing around wildly as a 20-year-old college graduate. What did you do? You just countered with a new dance video on social media - against the backdrop of your new office in the congress. You wrote: “I hear the GOP thinks women dancing are scandalous. Wait till they found out Congress women can dance too! » That was the moment, dear Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, when I fell a little into you. American politics has not been so refreshingly self-deprecating since Obama's out.
Ever since you secured your seat as the youngest congresswoman for New York's 14th district in an impressive race to catch up with Joseph Crowley, you are currently the most famous politician in the United States. You move from talk show to talk show, giving speech after speech. That's why critical voices call you a political pop star. But you are much more than that.
You were born in the Bronx, New York's most multicultural district. You successfully graduated from college in Boston - and then returned to your mother to help her financially as a waitress with her salary. You are a real self-made woman - and that is precisely why you are so authentic for your voters. Because while others are making themselves comfortable in their office chairs, you travel to Texas and protest against the Child Deportation Center with other activists. You describe yourself as radical, as an ideologist and an optimist and cause a sensation with very progressive proposals. You are the first congressman to take a public vow not to accept donations from private companies in order to remain independent. They advocate a new Green Deal and 70 percent taxes on the super-rich in order to combat climate change. Their opponents blare naively and irresponsibly. Innovative and brave, I mean. Paul Krugman, Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics, thinks this suggestion is anything but crazy. Your thirst for action doesn't just move me. You are a role model to face the problems of this world with renewed courage.
They are admirably tough and, above all, know how to skillfully exploit one advantage over the petrified politsaur: namely their knowledge of things through social media. They understood that the future voters who will one day move the country are digital natives. We live in a world in which enormous power can be drawn from hype in social networks. Youtube stars manage to build up a million-dollar business almost overnight - and continue it successfully. Why shouldn't you take advantage of the current zeitgeist for a meaningful purpose - advancing your political career? We honestly only feel distressed by these mechanisms that have missed the boat in the digital world.
If you read the comments under your Instagram videos, many of your viewers perceive the insight into the congress as a confidence-building factor. By making public what usually happens behind closed doors, citizens seem not only to have more confidence in you, but also in politics. They give people back the belief that they can make a difference in their country with their voice. The Democrats in the USA are very complex and mainly unite in the fight against the current government. It takes a young woman like you who is so fearless against the racism and discrimination of the Trump administration. “I don't think Trump knows how to deal with a girl from the Bronx!” They said recently on the “Late Show”.
Some doubt whether you can live up to the hype surrounding your person in your office. Trumpians bombard you with hate speech and don't trust you. But you have turned the tables and won this media attention of the right for yourself. And I am convinced that anyone who knows how to turn the headlights on instead of going under in a storm on the high seas will exist as soon as the waves in the media have flattened out.
- Why does silica increase in the boiler water
- How do I set a tax charge
- Would you like to translate?
- Would classic liberals be hawkish or reserved?
- What is weathering and pedogenesis
- What male characteristics do women value?
- Would you please delete my profile
- Why do some people hate Oracle
- Sells Esurance life insurance
- How is an incidence of rape detected?
- How many young people knit these days
- When does the history of typography begin?
- Mortgage is an asset
- Can we buy stocks on Sundays
- Who is this Greek philosopher
- What is a plus for coming home
- Could Apple theoretically found its own country
- Why is data processing important
- What was Madoff's endgame
- What customer profiles are there in private customer business
- How do I overcome feelings of betrayal
- Well worth the school
- Meditation is the death of the mind
- What is the worth of sin 390
- What are the sources of food energy
- What is type inference
- Bill Barr arrested
- What should we do in difficult times
- Who invented take-away?
- What is the point of medical advertising
- How do you say king in Japanese
- Can diastereoisomers be separated by fractional distillation
- How common is a latex allergy
- What were Indira Gandhi's main achievements