What are some big controversial issues
Little Switzerland can sometimes trigger big debates. At SWI swissinfo.ch, we immediately sense when certain cultural groups are interested in Swiss topics.This content was published on June 5th, 2020 - 2:45 pm
Trained landscape gardener / site manager. Afterwards art studies and program manager in various clubs and party locations. After eight years as director of Cabaret Voltaire, he worked as a social media editor and content curator at watson.ch and is now concerned that the content of swissinfo.ch will be read, viewed, discussed, shared and liked.
More about the author | multimedia
Our heart rate monitors are the accesses and comments on ten websites in ten different languages and the interactions on more than thirty social media accounts. And on our website and in our "SWI plus" app, we directly stimulate dialogues through which we receive even more feedback and input.
Popular votes are often the subject of debate. Should the keeping of horns in cows be financially supported, homophobia punished or a basic income introduced?
Depending on the cultural background and thematic interests, such voting questions lead to amazement, heated discussions or valuable conversations.
Regardless of the voting, Switzerland repeatedly gives rise to discussions far beyond national borders. For example, the liberal attitude towards euthanasia is a recurring subject of controversy.
Or if we critically question the local clichés in our reporting, it often causes a sensation that in Switzerland not all that glitters is gold.
And when a global pandemic breaks out, we notice that our websites are very often the first address for foreign-language information about Switzerland and that their balanced information is gladly shared and discussed on social media.
Every now and then we are called to account by our readers. It can happen to us that we are wrong or report one-sidedly. In this case, we are very grateful for your criticism and try to respond as quickly and transparently as possible with corrections and subsequent reporting.
One of my tasks is to keep track of these debates and their content. Every week I share what I observe with my colleagues across all ten language editorial offices, and here with you too.
Would you like to keep up to date with the international debates at SWI swissinfo.ch? Here you can find out what is being discussed around the world about Switzerland.
If you have any suggestions, questions or criticism, please contact me directly by email ([email protected] Link) or in the Q&A area of our app, SWI plus.
By the way, you can download it here:
👉 Android http://s.swissin.fo/9mzYr2ME external link
👉 iPhone http://s.swissin.fo/c89qpDsExternal link
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- 7search com i am wasting my time
- What is 5 5 5 5 equal
- What's your favorite Beatles track
- How important is intellectual diversity
- What are some exciting chords
- What are some conspiracy theories on the president's assassination attempt?
- Which country has the most wild boars
- Where did the wines come from?
- Motor oil is good forever
- Meditate startup founders
- What economic obstacles could prevent the planned obsolescence?
- How to say hello in Latin
- What plant can help you breathe underwater?
- Which film has inspired the people of the world?
- Which hero has the most fans?
- Is Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader
- What are some honest truths about travel
- How relevant is Spinoza for systems theory
- What is a two-phase commit protocol
- Newton's second law is the law of
- Why is Madurai called Festival City
- How can I get myself heard
- How to Learn PPC Online
- How can I calculate the goodwill
- How do YouTubers upload movies
- What are the different types of PCOD
- How do I download algorithms in code blocks
- Who heads the Amazon's Mergers and Acquisitions team
- What Are Some Benefits Of Wheat Schnitzel?
- Why are werewolves historically masculine
- Why are digital systems called digital
- Interview in Agide
- What does smokeless tobacco look like
- Jeffrey Dahmer was a neurotype