What is the strategy for software development
Software development strategies
In the minds of developers and project managers it still haunts that the waterfall model is linear. The choice of name obviously leads to this misunderstanding. In fact, it is a simplified representation of the iterative model. If necessary, in the course of the repetition of an activity, its predecessor could also be repeated.
Image 3: Course of the waterfall model
The waterfall model has an almost perfect view of software development. It is assumed that the results of the previous activities are error-free. If corrections are nevertheless necessary, they could be carried out in the previous activity. In fact, in practice it is rare to have to repeat previous activities.
In large projects, the artifacts (documents, programs, etc.) are very extensive and the effort required to maintain their consistency is correspondingly high. Every change then inevitably leads to additional administrative work. Every effort is therefore made to detect errors as early as possible. The practice of simply refraining from repetition has a fatal effect.
The waterfall model was introduced by Royce W. Winston in his 1970 article "Managing The Development Of Large Software Systems" , although not under this name. He describes this model, i.e. the one with the simple setbacks, as prone to errors and risky. Even a model expanded to include additional iterative elements was unsatisfactory.
- To what extent did Great Britain cause World War II?
- How often do you watch horror films
- What is elementary quantum mechanics
- When do we use a grill
- Why is gambling so popular
- Which raag is Piya Bawari from Khoobsurat
- What is your favorite position 1
- What is echinoderm
- Does it snow in Tennessee in October
- Viruses started out as DNA in histone
- What will happen to Darth Zannah
- What is a HoloLens headset
- What software did you use to draw?
- Can you live happily without music
- What happened in war 1
- What are the types of private investigators
- Most Starbucks beverages have artificial flavors
- How do I comment on an answer
- Is smoking allowed in Infosys?
- Who is your favorite American poet?
- What are the most health conscious states
- Can RVs survive an earthquake?
- Is it okay to have some friends
- Why do whales matter