How can I prevent spam bots
from Axel von Leitner in August 2014 in Tech
When we switched to our own solution with our blog from Wordpress a few weeks ago, we knew that we would not only need an editor to write the posts and a few pages to display. The comment function with reliable spam protection should be the greatest challenge. And to anticipate the result - we made it! So that you don't have to try everything out yourself, we proudly present you like Bolle: The perfect spam protection for your forms.
Form without spam protection?
This is what the link looks like before activation ...
... and so after activation:
However, that has changed little, presumably because bots simply set every form to active and try to submit it.
The final trick to spam protection
- Honeypot field for the bots. Just the input field itself hidden It was not enough for us to sit down. It works best to set a surrounding element to a height of 0.5px.
- The honeypot field has the name content, the right field for people is called bot_protect.
- First deactivate the form and only activate it when you click on “new comment”.
- Set session variable on first incorrect entry to prevent trial and error of the bot.
There are 15 comments on this article.
Henry N. on Friday, August 18, 2017
What do you think Write a new comment. We look forward to your contribution.
- How HCL becomes such a big company
- Can Arduino give you a professional future
- Is Anna University better than BITS
- Heaven is like the Garden of Eden
- Why is progressive tenant insurance so expensive
- How did the moon come into being
- Category theory What is a morphism
- How has the government helped Modi the middle class?
- Sleep vs EclipseLink
- Why do helium balloons deflate
- What is super-generalization in psychology
- How can I create a trackable link
- What do ants eat
- What are some benefits of perspiration
- How am I disciplined and motivated
- Tez updated on Google Pay why
- What causes spider bites while sleeping
- How easy is it to get antidepressants
- What are the WiFi passwords at NSEC
- What is a BTS fan service
- How to look for artists for expositions
- What will be different about you tomorrow?
- PCA is deep learning
- What is your salvation testimony