Why is the Philadelphia justice system known?
Wrong Four Seasons: Trump's lawyer speaks in front of landscaping
Philadelphia - landscaping instead of a hotel: US President Donald Trump has caused ridicule and laughter by mistaking a location for a press conference. Trump announced on Saturday on Twitter that his attorney Rudy Giuliani would hold a press conference at the Four Seasons in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but later deleted the tweet and wrote instead: "Big press conference today at the Four Seasons landscaping - 11:30 am," reported the "Washington Post".
A reaction from the luxury hotel "Four Seasons" heightened the embarrassment: "To be clear, President Trump's press conference will NOT be held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia. It will be held at the Four Seasons landscaping - no connection to the hotel."
The location in an industrial area in northeast Philadelphia made matters worse. "I could write jokes for 800 years and think of nothing funnier than that Trump booked the Four Seasons for his press conference and then it turned out to be in a Four Seasons landscaping parking lot between a dildo shop and a crematorium," wrote a user on Twitter.
Comedian Patton Oswalt tweeted: "Let the history books get it: the dildo shop next to the Trump press conference had better Covid precautions than the White House."
The question of why
Why the press conference took place in a parking lot in front of a nursery and why Trump mixed up the venues is not known. The press conference was announced about an hour before the announcement of Joe Biden's election victory by the major broadcasters, reported the US media. Trump played golf on Saturday.
Some observers speculated that the "real" Four Seasons simply did not want to open its premises for the press conference and that Trump's team switched to the location of the same name due to the premature announcement. The majority were convinced that those responsible had simply booked the wrong Four Seasons.
The nursery itself told a reporter from PBS that Trump's people only got in touch shortly before the press conference and wanted to use the nursery because of its proximity to a motorway exit and its safety - an explanation that lags a bit due to the suspicious identity of names. The security argument didn't seem to stand up to reality either.
Trump's attorney Giuliani said during the press conference that the elections are far from over and the president is not giving up the race yet. Without presenting any evidence, Giuliani claimed that hundreds of thousands of ballot papers were questionable. "USA Today" quoted the lawyer as saying that TV stations did not decide on the outcome of elections.
The AP news agency and the major television stations had declared the Democratic challenger Joe Biden the winner of the presidential election on Saturday. Accordingly, Biden was able to unite more than the necessary 270 voters behind him. (APA, red, November 8, 2020)
- Can pigs eat watermelon
- Everyone should become a vegetarian
- What are important chapters for the JEE network
- What does that mean in c ++ 4
- Lime peeling heals acne
- What is the difference between ISFP and INTJ
- Are there Sindhi speaking Muslims in India?
- What is Ca OH 2
- Why is my husband angry with my friends?
- Which cloud database is best for AngularJs
- Psychologically, we like landscapes
- How does the caste system lead to inequality
- Barack Obama is a good singer
- How is the recruitment changing?
- Contributes SO3 to the strength of the cement
- Why do I have such bad handwriting
- Why do eggshells stick
- What is an exercise for female falsettos
- Could all of humanity one day become vegetarian
- Which startups are based in Sydney, Australia
- What causes bones to make popping noises
- Does acne affect beard growth
- Why do big cities not have Wal Marts
- Kill essential oils from germs