How do IT consultants get their jobs
What does an IT consultant do?
We model the business processes with BPML, which we integrate as services via a SOAP API and WSDL and connect to the SAP in the n-tier architecture via EJB containers.
IT consultants are All-round talents. You are at home in both IT and business. As "interpreters" between engineers, developers and managers, they advise companies in almost every industry. For example, you are helping a transport association with the introduction of the e-ticket system and just a few weeks later you are working on new solutions for the data flows of an airport operator.
What are your tasks?
Clients, tasks, teams and framework conditions change with every new project. The wide range of topics is perfect for career starters who are not (yet) committed and want to learn as much as possible on the job.
As an IT consultant advises and supported You external companies with the introduction or further development of IT systems. Your work mainly takes place in the form of Projects instead of and only rarely at your own desk. IT consulting means: again and again new customers and tasksat different locations - not only across Germany, but often also internationally. Large corporations with extensive structures employ their own consultants. As an in-house consultant, however, the same generally applies to you as to external consultants, since you are usually on the road for all of the company's locations.
With your clients, you will accompany new projects from planning to implementation - regardless of whether they last three months or three years. It's either about that IT infrastructure (e.g. company networks) or around Application software (including specialist applications, e.g. for time recording). Your goal is to make IT-based workflows more effective. To do this, you improve and simplify the existing applications and processes or oversee the integration of new systems. The subsequent training of the employees is also part of your tasks. In some cases you will support the company in the long term and, for example, take care of the continuous maintenance of IT. In addition to the System consulting IT consulting can also deal with corporate divisions such as Outsourcing and Management overlap.
Once the goals have been defined, you take care of further planning. To analyze You control the business processes and the existing IT infrastructure. Then you design qualitative ones Strategiesto implement customer requests. Especially with large projects such as restructuring or the implementation of new types of tools, it is important that you first orient yourself in the industry. Only then can you assess how and whether you can use current trends (e.g. cloud computing) sensibly in the respective company.
Your concept doesn't have to be exemplary or win a science award. Because for the client it is not the theory that counts, but the concrete applicability in practice. The solution should therefore fit the individual company and be based on real - economic - requirements. Most of the time you develop them together with the Customers.
Then you take care of the technical implementation. For example, you will design the corresponding software, give hardware recommendations and support the developer team during development. There You mediate between IT and the respective departments. As a rule, you are not the only point of contact for customers and their employees. The projects are mostly implemented in teams of consultants.
IT consultants have a challenging, but very exciting and varied job.
Where can you work?
Your work takes place where customers and projects are. Regardless of whether they are service providers, industrial and trading companies from a wide variety of economic sectors, public administrations, associations or organizations: everyone is looking for IT consultants. So you will rarely be in your own company.
Your employer is classically one System housethat offers support for its own hardware and software. You can also work for a management consultancy with an IT focus (e.g. SAP).
The usual suspects are in:
- Bavaria (Munich, Nuremberg)
- NRW (Düsseldorf, Cologne, Dortmund, Bielefeld, Gütersloh)
- BW (Stuttgart, Mannheim, Heidelberg)
- Lower Saxony (Hanover, Oldenburg)
- Hesse (Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Kronberg, Kelsterbach, Eschborn)
- Saxony (Leipzig, Freiberg)
- Hamburg and Berlin
Even if these houses are very similar in terms of internationality, customer orientation and teamwork, the type of advice given can differ greatly in individual cases. Before you apply for a company, you should therefore inform yourself precisely and also consider whether you are working with a "big player" or one of the medium-sized ones"Hidden Champions" want to start. The latter are mostly specialized and market leaders in their consulting niche. They have the advantage that you are usually there earlier responsibility can take over.
- Can you make my day better
- Why are you famous for
- Does the use of fuel additives hurt my car?
- What reforms do Muslim countries need
- How to stroke a kitchen knife
- Which street does the Bronx begin on?
- What is a Jewish tallit
- Has someone started a business that is broke?
- Which enhances the taste of a risotto
- What is the best business management journal
- What is environmental planning about?
- What's your experience with loop fuse
- Can marry malfunctioning autistic people
- What are the most commonly prescribed opioids
- How is the water bill calculated
- Wine becomes stale
- Can someone hack the g-mail account
- What's your favorite movie character from the 80s?
- How often do cats get hairballs
- How do I start the project development
- George Harrison and Brian Jones were friends
- What causes bones to make popping noises
- What is value management
- Is there a requirement to learn Ruby?
- What is the Indian equivalent of TED
- What is the value of b Vb
- How good is Tampa for public transportation
- What is the story of Angkor Wat
- What comes before
- Why is deflation increasing debt
- What is the best spell
- Who is Ash's father
- What's your favorite item from Gary Vaynerchuk
- Rust's programming language production is done