Who sells oxygen concentrators in Bangalore
India flights: Lufthansa cancels the Dubai hub, KLM halves the crew layovers
The situation in India remains critical. The number of infections is skyrocketing and the health system threatens to collapse. Some airlines have suspended or limited flights to and from India. To protect the crews, Lufthansa changed the routings and set up a temporary hub in Dubai.
Lufthansa flies to India via Dubai | DXB becomes a temporary hub
On individual days of traffic, up to three Boeing 747-8s flew almost simultaneously from Frankfurt to Dubai. There the crew changed while the passengers had to stay on board. After the new crews had taken over and the jets had been refueled, we went on to India. There the jumbos were "turned around" and started their return journey with new passengers.
The routing from Dubai to India and back was flown by the same crew in order to avoid a rest period on site. The metropolises Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore were served according to this pattern. The flights for tomorrow and the following days have now been canceled, the operation seems to have been temporarily suspended.
KLM has also reacted and is reducing the time the crews spend on site in India. Their layovers there normally take 48 hours, now the crews return after one night. The Dutch carrier serves Delhi and Mumbai as a triangular flight, according to Simple Flying the pilots and flight attendants spend the stop in Mumbai. As soon as they get there, they will be escorted to a nearby hotel and must remain there.
With this measure, an on-site PCR test can be avoided. This carries the risk of a positive test and the resulting 14-day quarantine.
India flights: Lufthansa cancels Dubai hub, KLM halves crew layovers | Frankfurt Flyer Comment
Even if most passengers cannot travel to or from India at the moment due to the strict travel regulations, the flights seem to be significant for most airlines. United even comes with a second crew who will take over immediately for the return flight.
Lufthansa will certainly be feverishly looking for a new solution to be able to resume connections quickly. The transportation of freight is very important right now; goods such as oxygen concentrators and ventilators are urgently needed in India. In India, however, vaccine is also produced, which is expected from other countries.
You might be interested in that too
- Are all mobile phone numbers 10 digits
- What is the Born Lande equation
- You can use PCs in the prison
- What's your strangest blind date experience
- What does a mold expert do
- What is Nigerian Education Policy
- Offers Fitbit gift cards
- 20 mg Percocet is harmful
- Why were fortifications obsolete immediately after World War II
- What is a public sector 3
- Why is it important to be neat
- What is the formula for hydrogen phosphite
- What was Hitler's first name
- Will Tesla ever make a hybrid
- What is the name of AlF3
- Who is Kylie Jenner's father
- Why are ergosphere ellipsoidal
- How can I predict a person
- What is Michael Garciaparra known for?
- What is the state residency rate
- How do hormones affect gender identity
- Why would one want to enter parenthood?
- What is the hierarchy of the British nobility
- The housing market in Vancouver is a bubble
- How can I become an adventurer
- What comes after Trump
- Which artist sang the song Lightning?
- Who built C 3PO
- What is good for insomnia
- AMD chips run hot
- What is algorithm C.
- What does this pentatonic scale sound like?
- How does Musical ly make money
- How are Alprazolam and Valium different