Is sublime text better for PHP
BBedit, Coda, Atom and Co .: Text editors in comparison
• Sublime Text
• Text pad
Text editors are special programs because they are not used to write literary texts, journalistic essays or manuscripts, but rather technical texts that contain structuring commands for HTML, CSS or PDF or that execute programmed scripts on servers or in programs. Therefore, these apps are pure work tools that can be fine-tuned to the respective task.
Text editors provide syntax highlighting for support. HTML tags or CSS variables are highlighted in color and illustrated in the structure. In addition, variables, functions and parameters are displayed differently so that you, the developer, can better understand program code. Good editors recognize errors in the syntax and indicate the places that are likely to lead to display errors or process errors.
The functions of a text editor usually also include the automatic indentation of logical functions. Individual instruction blocks are recognized independently and, if necessary, folded into the so-called code fold.
To avoid careless mistakes, text editors usually have an automatic completion of the syntax or the variables and functions already used in the text code. In addition, a shortcut closes the current program bracket or the open tag in HTML.
Another strength of text editors is the search function. It is not uncommon for several files to be searched at the same time. Some find the differences in two documents to be compared and others allow you to mark and change all references in one step.
Most users remain loyal to their text editor for a long time. Regular updates are therefore important.
“I've always been a BBedit user. When I think about it, I just put in an old version of BBedit as the editor for my HTML pages, just for fun. But in the test, Atom convinced me across the board. GitHub's text editor does a lot differently than BBedit, and above all, it does it really well. "
- Dark mode: More and more editors are offering Dark Mode, in which the window background is darkened and text appears in white letters. That keeps your focus at work.
- Syntax control: Error-free code is ideal. An editor actively helps you to avoid errors by automatically suggesting mandatory elements and possible additions.
- Search and replace: A text editor stands or falls with the search function, because there are always requests for changes. All the better if hits in the entire project can be changed in one step.
- Text modules: Macros and text modules make working in the text editor easier if you have to work on several projects at the same time or when you have to work on large projects under time pressure.
- Versions: Larger projects usually require several development steps. It can help to create versions of the intermediate steps so that you can return to them.
- Extensions: A good text editor has an interface for subsequent additions, with which, for example, another syntax can be interpreted.
Text editor in a class of its own: Three years after the last version jump and 25 years after the first version, Barebones brings the text editor BBedit 12 as a major update with numerous new features. According to statements from barebones, every line of program code should have been touched. BBedit 12 can be used from macOS X 10.11.6 El Capitan. Split view and dark mode are new, for example. However, two new text functions are particularly noteworthy. First, columns can be rearranged. "Columns" can move columns. Anyone who has ever made CSV data or SQL dumps worse with Excel knows what is meant and will be happy about this feature in a text editor. Second, a function called “Canonize” can apply complex grep macros to texts and, for example, replace names of variables or standardize spellings (website, website, website).
The latex editor for scientists: LaTeX is - especially in its peculiar spelling - not a writing program, but a typesetting system and texpad is the editor for latex files on the Mac and on the iPad. Just as HTML structures the content on a page, Latex commands control the structure and appearance of documents. In addition, mathematical formulas and graphs can be set comparatively easily, so that university working groups rely on latex for mathematical and scientific disciplines. Humanities scholars, however, do better with a text program such as Word or Pages, although a latex system does many tasks automatically in large jobs. This comfort is bought with a steep learning curve and extensive training. For this, texpad comes for a monthly usage fee with team functions that allow collaborative work on projects.
The "better" text editor: Sublime Text was launched in 2007 by ex-Google employee Jon Skinner. In contrast to BBedit and like Atom, this editor is offered across platforms for Mac, Windows and Linux. Conceptually, Sublime offers modern functions such as multi-line editing, integrated package management and robust customizations. Even large files don't make the Sublime Editor work up a sweat. A special feature are the default settings that are made directly in the underlying JSON files in the source code with Sublime Text. With this editor you have to know what you are doing. Especially after you have activated the package management. Therefore, the target group is clearly the professional developers who can set up workspaces and record macros for their projects. In addition, the search function is convincing.
The Git hub editor for developers: Atom is GitHub's open source, free editor for developers who work with GitHub and need a customizable text editor independently. The editor is offered cross-platform for Mac, Win and Linux. In addition to the built-in Git integration for collaboration and versioning, the function called Teletype offers private sharing via a personal link. This is perfect for taking a quick look at another document.
Atom's interface is so complex to customize that Atom can be called a programmable editor. FTP upload, MySQL commands or other programming languages can be transferred to the application's repository. A file browser is built-in, with which you can find files with parts of the name. The search function and the ability to change several program lines at the same time are particularly worth mentioning.
A special feature is the integration with Coda for iOS, which enables web development on the iPad on the one hand and uses the iPad as a preview screen for the Safari mobile browser on the other.
- How can I download videos from Paheal
- Counts a sushi irrito as a burrito
- Does Amazon Fire Stick work in Sweden
- How much detergent is too much
- Have you heard of Boom Supersonic Flight?
- What's your favorite item from Gary Vaynerchuk
- Amravati is a graphic city
- How does the juxtaposition evoke emotions?
- What are some good zen stories
- What do you like most about hugging
- Anyone hear a neutral milk hotel
- You can get dementia from head injuries
- How do we work on the LIC website
- Is panipuri good for your health
- What is a Tu Quoque
- What is the IUPAC name of CH3COCH2COOH
- What do you think of Muslim women
- What animals like to cuddle with people
- How to understand depression
- Where is the speed of sound higher
- What are your favorite holiday hosiery?
- What do Americans think of Jeremy Clarks
- Insert Photoshop object into the picture
- What happened to the Soviet prisoners of war in World War II