How does Apple forecast product demand
Report: Apple is significantly reducing production of the iPhone X.
For the first quarter of 2018, Apple has reduced orders for the iPhone X from suppliers to 20 million units, according to a newspaper report. According to the Japanese business newspaper, this is a halving of the target of 40 million units that was set for the introduction of the top model in November Nikkeireported with reference to suppliers. The reduced production is the reaction to "disappointing sales" in the past Christmas business.
OLED display one reason for the high price of the iPhone X.
In key markets such as Europe, the USA and China in particular, sales of the iPhone model, which is only available from 1150 euros, are “slower than expected”, it is said. This could lead to Apple delaying the introduction of further iPhone models with expensive OLED screens, speculates the business newspaper. Samsung is currently the only supplier for the iPhone X screen and can dictate the price, which is one of the reasons for the high price of the iPhone X.
After sales started in November, Apple was initially unable to meet demand for the iPhone X, among other things due to problems with the production of certain components. The waiting time was gradually reduced by mid-December, and shortly before Christmas the iPhone X was finally widely available. As inventory grows, Apple can now reduce production, notes Nikkei at.
Always after Christmas: reports of reduced iPhone production
There have been reports of drastic cuts in iPhone production following the Christmas business in recent years. In a few days, Apple will again publish business figures that cover the past Christmas business, the group has already forecast a new quarter with record sales. Apple does not usually give sales figures for the various iPhone models.
According to market researchers, the iPhone X was the best-selling smartphone in the world in the fourth quarter of 2017. According to an estimate by market research firm Canalys, Apple shipped 29 million iPhone Xs during the Christmas season, 7 million of them in China. However, the high price and the joint introduction of the iPhone 8, which is also new and comparatively cheaper, meant that these were not the "fastest iPhone sales figures to date".
tips + tricks on the topic:
(lbe)Read comments (322) Go to homepage
- Why isothermal compressor is desirable
- Who is responsible for teenage pregnancy?
- Why are gmos bad
- How do I pronounce the word hostile
- What is the nationality of John Kasich
- Where is the Cocora Valley
- What is 3 5 out of 250,000
- How do I propose my friend
- Which is the friendliest region in England
- Can cats play with cat toys
- What percentage is 40 out of 140
- Is it difficult to enter CUHK
- Should I invite relatives to my wedding?
- What happens when PCl5 is hydrolyzed
- Which is the most robust storage device
- Why do good people have few friends?
- What are a whippet's sleeping habits
- What is something that children hate
- How do you decide who you are
- What screams i'm an amateur manager
- How do I discuss confidently
- What was the takeaway news from SXSW
- Can a bone marrow transplant cure blood cancer
- What difference between opcode and bytecode