What are the causes of morning wood
Alpstein, Mythen and Central SwitzerlandA varied hike with the best view
Morgenholz, Muosalp and Flüebödeli. What sounds like a little-known hike, should nevertheless be carefully threaded, because at least on nice weekend days the cable car that goes up from Niederurnen to the starting point is well occupied - and the cabin is small. But the railroaders make every effort to get the hikers up as quickly as possible. The nine-minute drive leaves hardly any time to make out Oberwindegg Castle on the cliff above the valley floor and the largest vineyard in the canton on the slopes below the castle.
At the northernmost edge of the Alps
The starting point is Morgenholz, and if you need a coffee after a long journey, you're in luck: the Hirzli restaurant with a large terrace and delicious Glarus sweets is just a kilometer away on the wayside. It will be the last stop on the route - from now on only the backpack counts.
At the wayside
The main active ingredient of the highly toxic fly agaric is ibotenic acid. During the preparation of the mushroom, it becomes muscimol, which ultimately causes the poisoning, the pantherina syndrome.
The first two hours or so it goes up through the Niederurner Valley, with daring rock faces on the left. They belong to the Chöpfberg-Wageten chain and consist of limestone, limestone phyllites and marl rocks. In the Mesozoic era, these were deposited on the edge of the European continental plate and the adjacent deeper area of the ancient Mediterranean Sea. Tectonically, they are the northernmost edge of the Alps in this region; the mountain ranges on the right side of the Niederurner valley no longer belong to the Alps, the geologists already count their molasse rocks to the Swiss plateau.
The knoll without a name
Even if you have to calculate around two hours to reach the highest point of the hike - this hilltop has no name and has to be content with the altitude indication “1520 m”.
But the reward for the sweat is the view: in the northeast to the whole of Alpstein and in the west towards Mythen and Central Switzerland. At the highest point there are a few very short climbing spots to overcome. For experienced mountain hikers they are not even worth mentioning, for everyone else I have noted the difficulty level T2 to T3 as a precaution. The descent on the west side, high above the Trepsental and finally into the Wägital, leads through boggy meadows, pastures and forests.
Via Muosalp, point 1520, Gelbberg and Port to Vorderthal, Flühbödeli. 13.9 km, 640 m ascent, 1000 m descent, approx. 4½ hours, difficulty T2 – T3.
1: 25000, sheet 1133; 1: 50000, sheet 236
- How can I help my stressed dog
- Did Jesus ever preach racism?
- Who is worse DJT or AOC
- What is the relative location of Timbuktu
- How do power supplies work in PCs
- The average student can crack SNAP
- Why does Benadryl make you sleepy
- Past editions of newspapers are available online
- Which Nifty ETF is the best
- What should I add to my bedroom
- Why should you work at A9
- Why is Na2CO3 added during iodometric titration?
- Which NFL teams use data analytics
- Why do people love Darth Vader
- What are some examples of electrical derating
- Does Mark Zuckerberg really offer Facebook lottery
- How long should a resume be 1
- The Uber app is free to download
- Sensitive men have a harder life
- A system update consumes memory
- How do I learn Linux 1
- Should I write references on my résumé
- How can I reset an iPhone 5?
- How deadly are daddy's long legs